Wait for a fix

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about downloaded games from friends but I've had no problem downloading and saving from the Nintendo Store as well as transferring back and forth between the Wii.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i too have come across this issue.

it first started as odd occurances and has now gotten to the point of anything attempted to be downloaded and saved freezes the game.

im using the new gui beta (before that 1.59B1)

i wonder if its due to the number of saved files within the 32mb save?

EDIT: just browsed the cycloDS forums and a quick fix seems to be running the game at 50% speed fixes the wifi downloading problem.

EDIT2: slow me didn't fix them problem for me at least.

im 99% certain at least for my sav etc is this: the game won't let you download any more games after a certain number has been reached. ive tested this multiple times by deleting 1/2/3/4 games then going to download new games and it has worked everytime up to the limit. (if i delete 1 game i can only download 1 game etc).

i don't know if this is to do with my sd card (4gb class 4) the cyclo firmware or AP.

hopefully the game will be fixed soon!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Have you tried backing up and reformatting your MicroSD? It may be a problem with the 32MB save file getting to fragmented and causing the game to not read it well.

If that doesn't help, what is the maximum number of saved games can you have? Could be useful information if other people run into the same problem.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im about to reformat my microds card.
if the .sav works should i have to delete it and create another? because i don't want to lose my records or the fc's i have.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
silly_z45 said:
im about to reformat my microds card.
if the .sav works should i have to delete it and create another? because i don't want to lose my records or the fc's i have.
I doubt it's a problem with the save file so I don't think you should delete it. Do post back here if reformatting fixes your problem.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
little late but better than never.

i did all the reformatting and stuff but then forgot about this for a day or 2.

i went back on and tried the 50% speed method and it worked perfectly.

ive downloaded like 50 files so it definitely is good again.

50% works. i do not understand why it didn't before though. (i didn't start a new save))

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's probably the reformatting that fixed the problem, not the slow-mo. I had a sporadic problem with freezing as well but after reformatting it hasn't happened since, and no using slow-mo at all.

Think of it this way; since the save file for DIY is quite large, if the save file is fragmented it's going to be difficult for the game to save the file (especially since the game was designed to write data to a dedicated memory unit in a DS cart, not a MicroSD, so it wasn't designed to handle fragmented files). Reformatting and copying back the files essentially defrag the save file so the game saving should be a lot more stable.

Using slow-mo would help a bit since that would slow down the game-saving process and make it handle a fragmented save file better.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know enough computering to completely understand what you said but i get the jist of it plus it makes sense. either way im happy its working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr