Dissidia will last for, like, ever.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 16, 2008.

Nov 16, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "If you plan on buying Dissidia: Final Fantasy, better clear your schedule for, like, ever.

An interview with the team behind the game says that the game's story is enough to last a player their "entire lifetime." Your typical Final Fantasy game then.

A lifetime is obviously an exaggeration, but the game does sound like it demand more time than breathing. Each character will have their unique story, giving the story 20 variations, and to understand the plot completely, you'll have to play them all. Only after this will you be able to see the game's "true ending."

If that wasn't enough, the team also says that each story mode can be played multiple times, with each playthrough providing new unlockables and options. Ah, more hours of my life stolen by the FF franchise."

Source

Also, another Dissidia-related article, though it's a little old.

"All you Final Fantasy music fans out there are about to have a merrier Christmas. We've just received word on the prospective release date for Square Enix's Dissidia: Final Fantasy's Original Soundtrack. Now do note, the operative term here is "prospective". Still, it's better than nothing, yes?

So, news is that it's gonna come out on the eve of Christmas, December 24, 2008. Apart from that, the OST will have two kinds: the regular edition and the Limited edition. We're not sure what's different with the two editions, save for the price, though. The regular edition will apparently be sold at a retail price of about 3,000 yen (about US$ 30) while the Limited edition will cost an extra 500 bucks (around US$ 35).

That's all the information we have for now, but we'll be sure to keep you posted as they come."

Source

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I expected it to be small, I should get prepared to get all of Zidane's endings [​IMG]

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I expected it to be small too. Although I guess it doesn't really matter that the story is long since I'm gonna be playing through the Japanese one and can't understand a single thing of it anyway.

4. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I'm gonna wait for the English version I don't want to spoil the game...

5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    a final fantasy game that takes a long time to complete......

well.... that's new.... [/sarcasm]

6. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    I also thought it was just like a normal street fighter story where you move on fight one char then move to the next. This is better though.
    Iwill probably play through all of it .

7. kazuki_pl

Member kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    hmmm, i guess this game will suck me a bit... but right now im going back to my beloved Macross Ace Frontier, Lumines and Densha De Go Mobile ;p

/gg

8. SoulAnger

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    Final fantasy rocks more, back until FF8. [​IMG]
    I hope im prove wrong, but dissidia's gameplay footage looks crappy as hell. It looks so damn repetitive. Tidus kept on doing this rotating spear dive, for 6 whole minutes. :| I really hope im missing something.
    I'm still looking forward to use my favorite characters from FF1-7, and kefka vs sephiroth would really rock. [​IMG]