Gaming Disney Sing it/Singstar customs

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since it seems to be possible to import Singstar tracks into Sing it discs(not officially of course), the Sing it games become much more interesting.

My questions are:
1. What microphones work for the games? The Singstar microphones won't work with the regular adapter. Are there adapters to make them work on the wii?
2. Is there any way to get 2 microphones to work while only using 1 usb port? My first test would be an usb hub, but i doubt that would work. If anybody with a litte understanding would try the game with an usb hub between Wii and microphones while using IOS56 and/or IOS57*, that would be great. In theory it should be enough to select IOS56(57) in SoftChip(and not load the requested IOS!), but should when using a modchip and a disc patched to use IOS56(57). The reason behind this is of course running customs from usb which requires the microphones to work with just 1 usb port.

*IOS56 and 57 because they have some new usb code, maybe support for usb hubs.

PS: I think if it works, you need this setup:
port top -> mic
port bottom -> hub -> mic + HDD

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A regular USB Logitec Vantage Microphone (Guitar Hero/Rock Band) works with the EspalWii Sing It Star 90's custom iso.

EDIT: That's using 4.2E with upto date IOSs and cIOS rev 14. Game loaded via CFG USB Loader and the mic connected to the other port via a USB hub.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the games are only interesting to me if 2 mics can be used. If you have a hub between mic and wii that's promising. If the mic still works if HDD and mic are connected to the hub, i assume 2 mics would work too.

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe the HD and mic can share the same port (I've read that the cIOS USB driver doesn't support hubs). However I think that you can have 2 mics on a hub on the free port.

I have Wii Speak and the Vantage Mic both plugged into the hub and they work with their repected games. Unfortunately I don't have a second usb mic to test the duet modes in Sing It or Americian Idol.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 2 mics on a hub works fine. If you get the custom Sing Its working, please write up a proper tutorial. Also, see if you can use Pop Hits since its GUI is really amazing.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a custom sing star 90's for the wii from a spanish site.

but the prob is, there is no option to mute the artist voice.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stingray1059 said:
i have a custom sing star 90's for the wii from a spanish site.

but the prob is, there is no option to mute the artist voice.

I don't think Singstar offers this. I know it's a shame for a karaoke game.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, the USB hub works. I got two mics from dealsextreme and it works when you connect it in the second port behind the Wii along with the HDD. Just make sure you connect the hub and mics before going into the USB Loader to make sure it works.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that you guys may not like this. My wii was modded with CIOSCorp v3.4 (I think). When I play from the DISK, I can use 2 USB Microphone. Without CIOSCorp mod, my friend Wii only play on top USB (non USB port).

Maybe someone can explain me why the USB port won't work with USB Microphone. BTW, my friend has to connect the USB microphone before turning it on to make it workl.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I have this my setup is like this sometimes.

port top -> mic
port bottom -> hub -> mic + HDD

but sometimes it is as follows

top > hub > mic & wiimote charger (or the 2 chargers)
bottom > hub > mic > hdd > another wiimote charger (sometimes the wiimote charger doesn't work here)

I need 2 chargers as I have 4 Wiimotes per Wii.

As for muting the voices you can make customs and have no vocals. You can do this a few different ways I suppose using karaoke tracks would make it easy for some (I've made my own backing tracks as I'm a bit of a musician)

It is great fun btw
smile.gif

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
SingItStar_80s_Ultimate_PAL_Wii-(SCRUBBED)
SingItStar_90s_PAL_Wii-(SCRUBBED)

i am geting them all.. then put them up ..hehehehe, but someone is beting me to it ..

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make your own? I have a hard time navigating the German site where they are doing it.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Tagg7 said:
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make your own? I have a hard time navigating the German site where they are doing it.

you're not alone, I did not found anything that help us create our own. I need it so much to put some Braziliam music!!!

If anybody made a tutorial ou know about a english tutorial please help us!!!

Posts merged

QUOTE(Tagg7 @ Dec 19 2009, 01:53 PM) Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make your own? I have a hard time navigating the German site where they are doing it.

you're not alone, I did not found anything that help us create our own. I need it so much to put some Braziliam music!!!

If anybody made a tutorial ou know about a english tutorial please help us!!!

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these posts and nobody says if they had to install IOS56 or IOS57, just wondering because I also want to add another mic and would like to know ahead of time if additional IOS is needed to use a USB hub.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if anyone who has custom discs can put them up on a site that allows registrations id be greatful for a pm

edit forget that, the german link links to a site i thought you couldnt use because it said jloader was pc only but there is a mac version

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
SickPuppy said:
All these posts and nobody says if they had to install IOS56 or IOS57, just wondering because I also want to add another mic and would like to know ahead of time if additional IOS is needed to use a USB hub.

Well, I never put IOS57, so I think think is IOS56 or any other that I have here, I play with 2 mics + external HD

The USB port near to the edge I put the HD, on th other port I put a HUB that suports at leats 3 mics (I dont have 4 to test if it works).

everithing runing on configurable USB launcher forcing NTSC (we have many posts about cfg launcher here on GBATemp)

well, hope it helps, and sory about my spelling and grammar

Edit: I use 2 high school musical mics and 1 rock band mic

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When using an usb loader, installing IOS does not help with anything. Sing It works with waninkoko's cIOS + 2 mics behind an hub, so i guess nobody will have any problems with it. About the customs, i have only seen some spanish tutorial and software to do it. The process is to convert Singstar files to UltraStar(pc karake game) files. And then from UltraStar to Sing It.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night