Disk cant access all of itself

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have something that I am trying to burn to a CD and I see that I cannot access the full volume of the disk and the burner I am using says the "disk not Empty" idk how to get around this

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If the disc already has something on it (and isn't an RW disc), then you can't add additional files to it. This is because of a process called finalization (or occasionally called closing), where the Lead Out is written to the disc which essentially tells optical drives that there is no more data on the disc. There is no way to get around this. Unless the disc you're using is RW, there's nothing more that can be done to that disc, it's permanently written to and used up regardless if it has more space.

If you're 100% sure the disc is (or was) blank, then you might simply have files "waiting to be burned" that need to be cleared in Windows. Basically, Windows will cache files that are (or were) being burned to a disc, until that data is actually burned. If you try to add files that wouldn't fit on the disc they were being written to, then you would get an error message. Usually, Windows will just clear it on it's own after you're done burning, but sometimes it just doesn't. To check this, open the start menu (or open Run) and type "Shell:CD burning" and it'll open up the temporary burn folder. If there's data there, delete it.

If there isn't any data in that folder, then either the disc itself is just bad (which happens) or your drive is having issues reading the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.