ROM Hack Disgaea DS Voice Patch?

Makoto0729

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is out of line, I see that there aren't many posts like this, but I also didn't see a rule against it... If there is, I apologize.

I've done searches and searches trying to find a patch for Disgaea DS that would restore all the original voice acting present in the PS2 and PSP versions (instead of just a few scenes here and there), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does a hack to patch back all the voices exist? And if so, does anyone have a link to the patch?

Thanks in advance.

Makoto0729

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, considering all the patches to replace the text of Pokemon from Japanese to English... then again, that's text, and I guess all the speech "bubbles" (boxes) are already there, you're just replacing the words...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Makoto0729 said:
Sorry if this is out of line, I see that there aren't many posts like this, but I also didn't see a rule against it... If there is, I apologize.

I've done searches and searches trying to find a patch for Disgaea DS that would restore all the original voice acting present in the PS2 and PSP versions (instead of just a few scenes here and there), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does a hack to patch back all the voices exist? And if so, does anyone have a link to the patch?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty much impossible.
If you want to swap the audio from the J version to the U version (or vice-versa) of the same game you can usually just swap the folder that has the audio files.
But to 'port' the audio from a different game/version on a different console would require a phenomenal amount of work to do.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Makoto0729 said:
Odd, considering all the patches to replace the text of Pokemon from Japanese to English... then again, that's text, and I guess all the speech "bubbles" (boxes) are already there, you're just replacing the words...
excactly, you just replace what is already there, but sound files do need to get assigned to the times when they get played, just like timing the text in subtitles, if the audio file wasn't there to begin with you would need to tell the game when to play the file which means alot of programming work... err, and I have no knowledge of programming at all but at least I know that much.
tongue.gif

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
IchigoUchiha13 said:
Hmmm i kinda Wish someone Would Work on this Since im a Big Disgaea Fan.Kinda Sad to hear the Word its Impossible *sigh* Oh Well.
You're welcome to try...
I Would but I dont have much Experience in Hacking.Plus School keeps me Busy so yeah......no can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious