Disgaea DS Voice Patch?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Makoto0729, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009

Disgaea DS Voice Patch? by Makoto0729 at 5:55 PM (3,467 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Makoto0729
    OP

Member Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry if this is out of line, I see that there aren't many posts like this, but I also didn't see a rule against it... If there is, I apologize.

I've done searches and searches trying to find a patch for Disgaea DS that would restore all the original voice acting present in the PS2 and PSP versions (instead of just a few scenes here and there), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does a hack to patch back all the voices exist? And if so, does anyone have a link to the patch?

Thanks in advance.

2. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I think there was some discussion about that at one point but it turned out to be impossible / an awful lot of programming work... as far as I remember. Might be wrong tho... dunno, too long ago.

3. Makoto0729
    OP

Member Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Odd, considering all the patches to replace the text of Pokemon from Japanese to English... then again, that's text, and I guess all the speech "bubbles" (boxes) are already there, you're just replacing the words...

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Pretty much impossible.
    If you want to swap the audio from the J version to the U version (or vice-versa) of the same game you can usually just swap the folder that has the audio files.
    But to 'port' the audio from a different game/version on a different console would require a phenomenal amount of work to do.

5. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    excactly, you just replace what is already there, but sound files do need to get assigned to the times when they get played, just like timing the text in subtitles, if the audio file wasn't there to begin with you would need to tell the game when to play the file which means alot of programming work... err, and I have no knowledge of programming at all but at least I know that much. [​IMG]

6. Princess Rozalin

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    Hmmm i kinda Wish someone Would Work on this Since im a Big Disgaea Fan.Kinda Sad to hear the Word its Impossible *sigh* Oh Well.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You're welcome to try...

8. Princess Rozalin

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    I Would but I dont have much Experience in Hacking.Plus School keeps me Busy so yeah......no can do.

9. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It needs a patch to let the music volume be set a bit louder. Hard to hear on DS speakers.

10. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    I agree... The sound of Disgaea is very low... If it's possible to turn it up, It would be a good idea.

11. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    protip: Use headphones.

12. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    It's still low...
    And compare it to a game like... Dragon Quest or Cooking Mama it's still too low