Disgaea DS audio amp?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ferofax, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

Disgaea DS audio amp? by ferofax at 10:41 AM (1,012 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ferofax
    OP

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    ...well? is there anything of that sort out there? shame that this game looks and sounds so... bland on the XL, but i still like it nevertheless (i mean, who doesn't like Flonne? nin nin nin), and would love to see a patch that amplifies the audio somewhat. it doesn't have to sound so blaringly loud, just audible enough on the Phat, and good enough on the XL to not have to use headsets/earbuds just to hear anything.

2. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i do agree... the disgaea voices are pretty hard to hear.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Interesting, for some reason I have it in my head that disgaea is not an SDAT game (if it is not chances are you just up audio like you would any other wave file (none of the alternative formats I know of have ever been that complex).

If it is SDAT though there are volume commands in the SDAT API,
    http://kiwi.ds.googlepages.com/sdat.html has a bunch of them.
    http://llref.emutalk.net/nds_formats.htm#SDAT also has a bunch.
    I am way too busy to be starting another sound hack right now much less fine tuning an audio hack but if you look at some of the stuff done for the recent retro/remake NSMB hacks (changing the actual playback methods rather than the file system and replacement tracks stuff that is usually done) it is a similar idea.

You may well run into clipping issues though so be prepared for that.

4. ferofax
    OP

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    ...hmm, sounds far too complicated for me, but since this piqued your interest as well, i'd appreciate it if you can maybe try to keep it in the back of your mind, in case you suddenly find yourself with spare time and no pressing matters at hand.