MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
So...you mean that i need to use the original character db from the game?
Yes. You'll need to edit the number of costumes manually, by counting the number of costumes in the different character model folders.

I've got a couple questions about what we currently can and cannot do. Is there an FAQ that lists all of the current Sm4sh stuff that we are currently able to do before I ask these questions?

Also, is there a smash 4 modding website that most people are using yet or is it not quite mainstream enough?
Go to Gamebanana. Most recent development is model imports, so expect to see a lot of shoddy, poorly rigged model replacements. Basically, we can add/replace music, add/replace costume slots, and replace stages. To my knowledge, adding new stages and new characters isn't really a thing yet, but the higher level modders might have something in the works. They tend to keep it to themselves until the process is perfected, though.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You'll need to edit the number of costumes manually, by counting the number of costumes in the different character model folders.

Go to Gamebanana. Most recent development is model imports, so expect to see a lot of shoddy, poorly rigged model replacements. Basically, we can add/replace music, add/replace costume slots, and replace stages. To my knowledge, adding new stages and new characters isn't really a thing yet, but the higher level modders might have something in the works. They tend to keep it to themselves until the process is perfected, though.

Cool thanks. I'm a 3D modeler so hopefully I can provide some nicely rigged model imports and not just random ass anime characters.

Reactions: MarinaTentacles

2112TomSawyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having a problem with my modpack. Recently, the skins on additional slots have been loading infinitely and I'm not sure what the problem is.
So I rebuilt my mod pack and it worked perfectly, so I made a back-up of it just in case. Afterwards, I tried to put some old files on the SD card and the additional skin slots loaded infinitely. Finally, I put the back-up back on the SD card and now, the additional skin slots load infinitely once again.

Except for rebuilding the mod, I did all of this on a Mac, as I don't have a windows computer at the moment. Given this info, does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I am using Googie's Smash Mod Pack v1.0.1 (https://github.com/matt-marek/sm4sh-mod-collection/releases/tag/v1.0.1)
This pack is awesome and I love the musics in it!

I am using the EUR pack with my SSB4 EUR version with 1.1.6 update and SDCafiine.

But I want to use the UNDUB patch to have the JAP voices into the game.
So I downloaded this undub patch: http://pastebin.com/Rty0aLgF for my version of the game (SSB4 Wii U UNDUB EU v288 (Version 1.1.6))

I want to use Googie's Mod Pack and the UNDUB patch at the same time but it's not possible.
If I use the 2 pack at the same time, my game freezes at launch. I can load googie's pack and the undub patch separately but I have to choose: JAP voices with no custom musics or custom musics with no JAP voices.

Do you know a trick to use googie's pack with the undub patch?

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Ok,thank you!
Also...i need to download something else,or i can use Sm4sh explorer for this?

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to build a new character using moves from different character. Is there any way to do this as of now? If so, any tutorial that can help me?

Last edited by Madein,

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I would like to build a new character using moves from different character. Is there any way to do this as of now? If so, any tutorial that can help me?
Moveset editing is very primitive, and very difficult to do. Some people have been able to edit the values for things such as damage, weight, speed, ect... But nothing that would really allow someone to make a new character.

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be fixed? I reached the limit of CSPs the game can load (it loads everyone's but zelda's, but her skins work, and she has portraits... just doesn't show up). I heard that a previous version of sm4shexplorer packs all CSPs so that it can load better, but everytime I build using v0.06b or so, it quits on me, saying "extension not found". What's wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I make tutorials on smash modding, and I just released one about animation swapping. Here's something you can look at, hope it helps! :D (Sorry if I'm plugging.)

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Can this be fixed? I reached the limit of CSPs the game can load (it loads everyone's but zelda's, but her skins work, and she has portraits... just doesn't show up). I heard that a previous version of sm4shexplorer packs all CSPs so that it can load better, but everytime I build using v0.06b or so, it quits on me, saying "extension not found". What's wrong?

There IS a hard limit on the number of skins and portraits the game can load. I just don't remember what the number is. Kinda sucks, since I feel like it shouldn't be an issue on the Wii U's hardware but... Then again, it's a Wii U.

Gigaeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't edit Sonic's jump count. I can change every other character just fine by editing the value after their weight. But sonic is the only one that changing the value does nothing. Is sonic a special case?

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I make tutorials on smash modding, and I just released one about animation swapping. Here's something you can look at, hope it helps! :D (Sorry if I'm plugging.)

Wow thx! That was a very informative video. So I can swap move sets as I want, but doing so will change the moveset of that character ID. Can't I Add à character slots and say, modify everything from the mii fighter so it has the motion of Marth, the attack of others and à New skin and that would make a new character? Or would the skeletton of the character still be the one From the mii fighter?
Second question. Does changing the animation of an attack change the hit box of the attack too? If not, what does and where is the tutorial for it?

Thousand Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Madein,

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thx! That was a very informative video. So I can swap move sets as I want, but doing so will change the moveset of that character ID. Can't I Add à character slots and say, modify everything from the mii fighter so it has the motion of Marth, the attack of others and à New skin and that would make a new character? Or would the skeletton of the character still be the one From the mii fighter?
Second question. Does changing the animation of an attack change the hit box of the attack too? If not, what does and where is the tutorial for it?

Thousand Thanks in advance.

I'm not too sure on mii's becoming other characters. It might look like a new character, but maybe the mii's frame will still exist. Changing an animation does NOT necessarily change the hitboxes. It does move them differently (because of the new animation,) but it will still think it's the previous animation. To edit this, you'll need Sammi's Sm4shcommand program to edit the script of a character. The script is what tells the game what happens when an animation is used basically. You're welcome. To find a tutorial, I'd probably go to Sammi's thread about it and look for the tutorial there. I'll probably make a tutorial of my own soon, so I guess look out for that if you're willing to wait.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using dummy slots as additional character/clone slots, what sorts of bugs do we run into? I'm attempting to clone Bayonetta and I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for or doing additionally to prevent any sorts of crashing or anything like that.

Last edited by Aeth-r,

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well,the skins in the game are 8 for each character...and a modpack that i tried today have 8 skin for the characters...But no...

this still don't work...

mcpat_rick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently started compiling mods for my game when I stumbled upon an issue. I have Mario's c02-c07 texture modded and when I went to test them an issue arose. When I would select multiple Mario's at the same time, the costume of one, copied unto the other(s). Example. I tested Flying Mario costume, Ice Mario, NES Mario, and SMM Maker Mario all at once, and when I started the battle Flying and Ice Mario were okay, but both the SMM Mario and NES Mario had the SMM costume. I tried again with unedited original c00 Mario, original c01 fire Mario, Ice Mario, and NES Mario; when I started the battle, c00 and c01 as well as NES Mario all had the NES costume, but the Ice Mario was still Ice Mario.

Can anyone explain what's going on and/or how to fix the problem I've been having. It only seems to be happening when there's multiple retextured costumes selected.

Thanks

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Alright, so I have used PACKmanager to do essentially the same thing you did in the video, I gave Lucina mii swordman air attacks animations. My Lucina has mii swordman's Fair and Dair and Nair. Being multihit move, I thought it would be an easy way to check if the hitboxes change with the animation. However, while Lucina new Fair and Dair now looks like she does mii swordman multihit move, she only hit th4e enemy once. Her new Nair still does the 2 hit move while showing the mii swordman spin 1 hit move.

Guess I'll try to to read on sm4sh command program. I downloaded it, but I can't seem to copy the script in the editable box. Further research is required lol.

EDIT: Okay, so I was able to copy the script from mii swordman Fair to Lucina using the sm4sh command nightly build. Now when I attack in game with Fair, the sword does the attack animation of mii swordman but the sword has black lighting instead of the usual blue and has no hitboxes whatsoever. Did I miss something? Does the sword have a separate script file for hitboxes I need to edit?

Last edited by Madein,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have used PACKmanager to do essentially the same thing you did in the video, I gave Lucina mii swordman air attacks animations. My Lucina has mii swordman's Fair and Dair and Nair. Being multihit move, I thought it would be an easy way to check if the hitboxes change with the animation. However, while Lucina new Fair and Dair now looks like she does mii swordman multihit move, she only hit th4e enemy once. Her new Nair still does the 2 hit move while showing the mii swordman spin 1 hit move.

Guess I'll try to to read on sm4sh command program. I downloaded it, but I can't seem to copy the script in the editable box. Further research is required lol.

EDIT: Okay, so I was able to copy the script from mii swordman Fair to Lucina using the sm4sh command nightly build. Now when I attack in game with Fair, the sword does the attack animation of mii swordman but the sword has black lighting instead of the usual blue and has no hitboxes whatsoever. Did I miss something? Does the sword have a separate script file for hitboxes I need to edit?

I can't answer your question, but rather building on your question;

Can you swap an animation and keep the original hitbox and attack data? Say I wanted to clone a character but swap some animations for purely aesthetic reasons. Could I do that?

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't answer your question, but rather building on your question;

Can you swap an animation and keep the original hitbox and attack data? Say I wanted to clone a character but swap some animations for purely aesthetic reasons. Could I do that?

Yes you can, well I think, the first part of my experiment was to switch animation using PACKmanager to make Lucina the air moveset of mii swordman. The animation was that of mii swordman but the hit were that of Lucina. For example, Mii swordman Dair still spiked when Lucina did it right. However, although the property of her attack remained the same, I can't say if the hitboxes were exactly the same. I understand the hitboxes kind of adapts to the animation, so for example Mii swordman Fair animation on Lucina would still hit once, but since the front swipe animation was replaced by the 3 quick stab of mii swordman, her Fair would not cover the space in front of her anymore. Actually, I don't exactly know why, but I needed to be touching the enemy with Lucina's body to actually hit it with Fair now and the hitboxe was tiny. I think it is because since the mii swordman Fair is a horizontal hit and Lucina a vertical one, swapping the move while keeping the original character's script would trigger Lucina's very narrow hitboxe point were both miiswordman and lucina ' animation connect, like at the middle of body. But that's just my take. I have no understanding of what's happening.

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you swap animations, the script doesn't change, unless you change them as well. At least, you got somewhere, Madein. Also remember that bones (I think) are different for characters so try changing her bones for the sword attacks to 16 or 19. But Aeth-r, yes, you can change the animation for a different visual if you want, just know if the move has hitboxes or anything that would need a timer, it might look different than you thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:unsure::unsure::D:D:wub::D:D