Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow128

Trophies
XP
Country
Great work on this tool :-)

It is possible to run a CycloDS Evolution Flashcard to play my .nds games?
And which settings are required?

Or do I need another flashcard?

Setoncio

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding NitroGrafx homebrew. This Reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5pm21v/running_pc_engine_and_pc_engine_cd_games_on_o3ds/) claims that we can play PC Engine CD games on O3DS launching NitroGrafx with TWLoader.

The steps are as follows:
- Put Nitrografx.nds on your default TWLoader nds roms directory.
- Create a folder named "nitrografx" on the root of your SD where you'll put the games and bios.
- Change the clock speed to 133mhz (DSi mode)
- In case the rom crashes, set Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT option

Nitrografx loads and prompts you with a blue screen asking to press L+R or touch the screen to open the settings menu, but that's as far as I can go. It doesn't respond and I have to close TWLoader.
Has anyone actually made this work? I've got no response from the OP and I'm guessing it's just a hoax at this point.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is still the same?
Should be fixed in the next release.
Great work on this tool :-)

It is possible to run a CycloDS Evolution Flashcard to play my .nds games?
And which settings are required?

Or do I need another flashcard?
You need another flashcard.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question regarding NitroGrafx homebrew. This Reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5pm21v/running_pc_engine_and_pc_engine_cd_games_on_o3ds/) claims that we can play PC Engine CD games on O3DS launching NitroGrafx with TWLoader.

The steps are as follows:
- Put Nitrografx.nds on your default TWLoader nds roms directory.
- Create a folder named "nitrografx" on the root of your SD where you'll put the games and bios.
- Change the clock speed to 133mhz (DSi mode)
- In case the rom crashes, set Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT option

Nitrografx loads and prompts you with a blue screen asking to press L+R or touch the screen to open the settings menu, but that's as far as I can go. It doesn't respond and I have to close TWLoader.
Has anyone actually made this work? I've got no response from the OP and I'm guessing it's just a hoax at this point.
nds-bootstrap is currently broken for some homebrew.

Reactions: signz

vimon40

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i tried using this with my SC DSONE but i always get a white screen after the boot screen when i click the add game

FeistyTroglodyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your work on this project!
I am currently trying to set up my R4i RTS 3DS with TWLoader and haven't had much luck. I am using the latest versions of both the release and unofficial bootstrap with Reset Slot-1 on and off. Since my flashcard doesn't appear in any of the pack names I just guessed what cards seemed like they might work. Using the DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE pack I get stuck on a plain white screen. With the R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS pack I get a black bottom screen, a white top screen and an unusable flashcard when booting it directly. I have correctly extracted the slot-1 and flashcardroot folders.

For reference I got this card.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your work on this project!
I am currently trying to set up my R4i RTS 3DS with TWLoader and haven't had much luck. I am using the latest versions of both the release and unofficial bootstrap with Reset Slot-1 on and off. Since my flashcard doesn't appear in any of the pack names I just guessed what cards seemed like they might work. Using the DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE pack I get stuck on a plain white screen. With the R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS pack I get a black bottom screen, a white top screen and an unusable flashcard when booting it directly. I have correctly extracted the slot-1 and flashcardroot folders.

For reference I got this card.
Support for this card will be fixed in the next version.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed that guide, etc. Got the files, but now every single time I try to boot the flashcart, I get, "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

What. the. actual. FUCK. This is getting fucking ridiculous now, Jesus fucking christ.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed that guide, etc. Got the files, but now every single time I try to boot the flashcart, I get, "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

What. the. actual. FUCK. This is getting fucking ridiculous now, Jesus fucking christ.
Are you using EmuNAND?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do DS WiFi settings and DS Download Play still work?
I'm sure they do now that I followed the guide.

But my r4i3ds gold isn't working! I get a fucking white screen when I boot and 9/10 times when I insert the card, the system freezes, or when I boot the console with the cart inserted, it just hangs on a black screen.

God fucking damnit, this is SERIOUSLY getting ridiculous!!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they do now that I followed the guide.

But my r4i3ds gold isn't working! I get a fucking white screen when I boot and 9/10 times when I insert the card, the system freezes, or when I boot the console with the cart inserted, it just hangs on a black screen.

God fucking damnit, this is SERIOUSLY getting ridiculous!!
Your R4i Gold is bricked somehow.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your R4i Gold is bricked somehow.
That just doesn't make sense. I'm trying again with my blue cart then. Thank you. I'll keep you updated.

Alright! I FINALLY got it working with the Gateway Blue Cart, thank you so much for the help!

I wonder what the blue cart compatibility is? I may have to look that up

Last edited by Thirty3Three,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...