DarthVitrial

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
redherochild.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
When I try to load a game, I get an error "Could not read data. Power off and reinsert game card.".
I'm using the latest PR of TWLoader and the latest version of NDS-Bootstrap. Is there a way to delete and recreate the save data?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luminous Arc and The Last Window. Those are the only two games that boot far enough to actually get to that error. I know there must be a way to delete the save data TWLoader created and have it recreate it, but I can't figure out how.
These games don't support saves yet. That's why you're getting the message.

SCN0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to load a game, I get an error "Could not read data. Power off and reinsert game card.".
I'm using the latest PR of TWLoader and the latest version of NDS-Bootstrap. Is there a way to delete and recreate the save data?
Last Window works fine for me. To delete save files just go to your roms folder and delete the .sav, although I doubt that's the problem.
Edit: Actually, seems like it freezes after pressing new game. Not the same kind of error though.

Last edited by SCN0,

emilio546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Card bricking is usually do to crap cards that self-brick when they think clone software is being used on them. YSMenu seems to be the #1 cause? Not sure. Either way, crap clone cards may brick. But for most other cards, it should be safe to boot them on 3DS.
You are absolutely right, I later checked my bricked card and realized it was a fake clone. So yeah, I should be more careful from were I buy next time

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v3.1

What's new?
  • Search function! (by @umbjolt)
  • In order to get some games to save, set a donor rom that has saves working, for games that don't have saves working. A donor can also be unset, if some games aren't working.
  • TWLNAND side is now updated by the GUI (only for what NAND you're running the GUI on). (by @umbjolt)
Improvements
  • Startup screen (by PabloMK7) has been updated, and black screen length after startup screen should be short.
  • Add Games menu now has the new TWLoader logo.
  • Unsupported flashcards, like the CycloDS, now work. Put in a working Slot-1 card, take it out, then insert the flashcard. It will be read as "Unknown Cartridge".
Bugfixes
  • Various.
MPU settings added for
  • Rockman ZX/MegaMan ZX
  • Rockman ZX Advent/MegaMan ZX Advent
  • Rockman Zero Collection/MegaMan Zero Collection
Update the files changed in flashcardroot:
  • _nds/twloader.nds
Advanced users, right after pressing A to launch a game, you can manually set an MPU region/size. This will not work if MPU settings for the above games are already added.
  • No buttons: MPU region/size are set to 0.
  • B: Region 1
  • X: Region 2
  • Y: Region 3
  • Left: Size is 1.
  • Right: Size is 3145728 (3MB).

Last edited by RocketRobz,

bookishaxis123

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TWLoader v3.1

What's new?
  • Search function!
  • In order to get some games to save, set a donor rom that has saves working, for games that don't have saves working. A donor can also be unset, if some games aren't working.
  • TWLNAND side is now updated by the GUI (only for what NAND you're running the GUI on).
Improvements
  • Startup screen (by PabloMK7) has been updated, and black screen length after startup screen should be short.
  • Add Games menu now has the new TWLoader logo.
  • Unsupported flashcards, like the CycloDS, now work. Put in a working Slot-1 card, take it out, then insert the flashcard. It will be read as "Unknown Cartridge".
Bugfixes
  • Various.
MPU settings added for
  • Rockman ZX/MegaMan ZX
  • Rockman ZX Advent/MegaMan ZX Advent
  • Rockman Zero Collection/MegaMan Zero Collection
Update the files changed in flashcardroot:
  • _nds/twloader.nds
Advanced users, right after pressing A to launch a game, you can manually set an MPU region/size. This will not work if MPU settings for the above games are already added.
  • No buttons: MPU region/size are set to 0.
  • B: Region 1
  • X: Region 2
  • Y: Region 3
  • Left: Size is 1.
  • Right: Size is 3145728 (3MB).

Hello, i have a problem with my R4 if somebody can help me, its a R4ISDHC 2017 and when i start the card with all the archives in i get an error saying that i need to reboot my 3ds with a black screen, and now im trying to use TWLoader for it to work, but i have a lot of problems making it work

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have been trying to get this back to a working state for a while but ever since the bootstrap 3.0 update not one game starts any longer. I have tried SM64, MKDS, Super Princess Peach, Castlevania PoR, Partners in Time, and more. At least two of those are supposedly confirmed working, and I had even played both Mario 64 and MKDS on previous versions. Did I do something wrong?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have been trying to get this back to a working state for a while but ever since the bootstrap 3.0 update not one game starts any longer. I have tried SM64, MKDS, Super Princess Peach, Castlevania PoR, Partners in Time, and more. At least two of those are supposedly confirmed working, and I had even played both Mario 64 and MKDS on previous versions. Did I do something wrong?
Did you totally update TWLoader by merging the current _nds directory with the one on your SD, and did you update the side CIA? If neither of these work, have you tried completely replacing your current _nds folder with the one from the current release?

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you totally update TWLoader by merging the current _nds directory with the one on your SD, and did you update the side CIA? If neither of these work, have you tried completely replacing your current _nds folder with the one from the current release?
I will try that. I had been mostly updating through the TWLoader app itself. Is that my problem?

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi

Great app => Couple of questions

1) TW Loader did an automatic update (worked). For the TWLNAND side.cia it only wrote "downloading" => Is this also automatically installed or do I have to install this manually?
2) I can now see the TW Loader version in the menu => great. It would be perfect if you would also show the nds-bootstrap version in settings.
3) It now writes "updating bootstrap" on every app launch. Is this just the check for a new version or is there something wrong that the app things there is a new version on every launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...