RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed after updating I still have the checking for banner data message popup, it doesn't scan all 55 titles now it just says now checking banner data on sd and then it goes to the menu. Do I need to edit something in settings.ini?
No. Dunno why you're still getting the message, but at least it's faster now.
I'm fairly sure that TWLoader doesn't work at all with the Acekard 2i -- the only posts in the thread mentioning it seem to all have the same problem. Has it ever been confirmed to work?

My problem is identical to this -- dual white screens regardless of settings when launching either a game or Add Games from the flashcard. I've been trying this periodically from November or December with a clean install each time and the problem has always existed, even back when using the 3DSForwarder-generated inis.

Incidentally, I can launch TWLoader.nds when loading my flashcard directly, but it still doesn't work properly. When run through AKAIO, it fails to create any inis or icons, and if launching YSMenu first it fails on boot with a ">>HBMenu++<< (if you see this, something has gone wrong)" error.
Did you update the flashcard pack?

Timmyytim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody know how the saving works? Where the saves are and if there is a way to import my Flashcart *.sav? My question was overlooked two times. Is this maybe the wrong thread and i should contact nds-bootstrap? (Is saving done by TWLoader or nds-bootstrap, guess bootstrap?)

Thanks in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how the saving works? Where the saves are and if there is a way to import my Flashcart *.sav? My question was overlooked two times. Is this maybe the wrong thread and i should contact nds-bootstrap? (Is saving done by TWLoader or nds-bootstrap, guess bootstrap?)

Thanks in advance.
Bootstrap does the saving.

Reactions: Timmyytim

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks in advance.
If you add your games from your flashcart then the saves are already linked. To switch saves, just replace the saves in your flashcart.

elcampeon4000

Trophies
XP
Country
can i load a game from this flashcard?

Attachments

• R4i-Gold-V1.4.jpg
    R4i-Gold-V1.4.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 146

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes,i update this and i have the white screen
If you're sure that
  1. You extracted the flashcard pack, with "TTfwd.dat" and "YSMenu.nds" in the flashcard's microSD root,
  2. "loadcard_dstt.nds" from TWLoader.7z is in the 3DS SD Card, at "sdmc:/_nds/",
Your flashcard doesn't work.

Why not run games from the 3DS' SD Card, even though some games don't work? bootstrap has gotten speed and compatibility improvements lately.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Timmyytim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you add your games from your flashcart then the saves are already linked. To switch saves, just replace the saves in your flashcart.

For me they arent, i use R4Gold 3DS RTS, i set Mario Kart DS as Donor Rom and saved, the save was newly created, the *.sav (that's what configured) or the old *.nds.sav (was using that before and switched) weren't used, same for other ROMs, new save files are created. When i boot from Flashcart the old saves are there and used and when i boot into bootstrap the new saves (from bootstrap) are used.

What do you mean with replace saves? I don't know where to find the nds-bootstrap / twloader saves :3

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me they arent, i use R4Gold 3DS RTS, i set Mario Kart DS as Donor Rom and saved, the save was newly created, the *.sav (that's what configured) or the old *.nds.sav (was using that before and switched) weren't used, same for other ROMs, new save files are created. When i boot from Flashcart the old saves are there and used and when i boot into bootstrap the new saves (from bootstrap) are used.

What do you mean with replace saves? I don't know where to find the nds-bootstrap / twloader saves :3
Same location as the rom files.

Timmyytim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn that was too easy, sorry, i had a wood plate before my head or something like that. It's true and i know, why my old saves aren't used, nds-bootstrap uses *.nds.sav and not *.sav which i configured in my flashcart. So i have to rename or configure nds-bootstrap to make *.sav, but that's another thing, that doesn't really belong here. Thanks mates!

Reactions: Jacklack3

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the new version said, yet again, that it patched the auto update issue. It's still doing that. It just keeps updating. I'll turn it off for now, but it's really tedious to have to create and delete a file whenever there's an update.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, if anybody know's how, the "add game" feature takes me into ysmenu, where i can then load a game. But, i can't actually select that game directly through twloader. Does anybody know the cause of this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, if anybody know's how, the "add game" feature takes me into ysmenu, where i can then load a game. But, i can't actually select that game directly through twloader. Does anybody know the cause of this?
Do you have "_nds/twloader.nds" from TWLoader.7z in the flashcard's SD root?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have "_nds/twloader.nds" from TWLoader.7z in the flashcard's SD root?
I didnt at first, but even with it there it still only shows settings and add games. How would i add a new game? Maybe im just not doing it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1