Hacking disc error

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, what did you use to burn the image? and at what speed? You should use Nero and burn at the high speed; ie if it is 8X DVD-R, then burn at 8X

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I use Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's and I burn using nero at 4X ONLY. I have never received such an error using this method. I dont know if burning at the box stated burn speed of the media is the "correct" method of burning Wii disks but I have always choosen the slower speeds.

I guess it depends on your DVD burner and the media you use. If you burn at fast sppeds now, try slower speeds. If that still doesnt work try different media (Taiyo Yuden for example) then start with a low burn speed, if you want them "now now now" then slowly increase the burn speed and see if you start recieving errors again. Its a bit of trial and error really
wacko.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New kids ... sheesh!

Verbatim DVD+R 16x are pretty much unanimously decided to be the best media so far. But try some others, as the Wii isn't super picky.

Burn at the recommended speed for that media.

And finally -- VERIFY the disc after you burn it. The verify option is in ALL burning programs, and I don't understand why more people don't do it. It takes an additional 10 minutes, but you know if the image was burned properly. Then you can eliminate that.

On a side note -- if you change burners and media but still get verification errors -- check you system's memory. My RAM was bad and it was causing bad burns.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a variety of discs, both in + and - format, and have burned at 4x, 8x, and 16x. I use a nec 3500 to burn, and haven't encountered a dre yet or unreadable disc (crosses fingers)

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can verify the disc?? what burner do you have? i use a nec 3500, and after the burn, the disc is unreadable by the computer.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You first said you use Nero 6.0, then you say you used IMG Burn. Pick one.

And by pick one, I mean go download IMG Burn (just Google "imgburn"). Make sure the "Verify" box is ticked, and burn.

If you're gonna go buy a drive, get the Pioneer DVR1112 from NewEgg, about $30.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're confusing two different posters in this thread. I've used both nero and imgburn without fail. I haven't had one disc not play on my wii yet. However, that said, with my nec 3500, I cannot verify any disc after its burned. Maybe it's a drive limitation, but I'm not complaining since I haven't had any problems otherwise.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
He's right, you confused him for the topic creator. Anyway he seems to have left, and ziddey sorry but my post was directed at the tc (topic creator)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.