Hacking Disc Channel problem after installing cIOS38 rev14?

Apoplexis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I just changed from an old usb loader version to coverfloader and installed cIOS38 rev14, as recommended via . Everything fine, no problem here..

FYI: I am using Yaosm 3.2 (external socket), Wii SM 3.3E..

Well, after updating and configuring coverfloader, I've noticed that the disc channel did not show the wii sports resort logo (from a backup disc) - I can't tell for sure, if it did that before installing, and so on - were not looking at the main menu that long to..

Orig. discs are working (tried Wii Sports, no problems). I swapped the chip with another one (might have got broken from an electric discharge) - still no recognition in the disc channel. One of those two has to be OK.

To reduce the possible range of the problem: may the installation of that cIOS cause a problem with the disc channel?
Well, if not, it looks like i have to control the cabling inside the wii, as i transport it sometimes from home to e.g. work, etc..
(hooray - soldering equip is at my weekend place)

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else is running on your Wii? The story you gave doesn't seem to show any reason why it would stop working. Do the backups load in SoftChip? ..and does this apply to all backups or just WSR?

Apoplexis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
hi,

this applies to all backups (tried SMG, Wario Ware, and some other ones)..
What am I else running? Just HBC with some apps.. Nothing hacked, no preloader or Health-Screen remover or anything like that..

USB Loaders are still working fine.

Just wanted to know, if the installation of this cIOS could cause that behaivor or if the cabling might have been broken after transporting.. as i said, i did not check the function for burnt discs, as i were not that long in the main menu itself and just saw it after finishing the installation and mentioned the not changing disc channel icon.

//edit: fixed typo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4