Hacking disc channel backup loading?

vistamaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the only loader i know that can launch backups straight from disc channel is cioscorp. are there others? i've heard cioscorp is risky, so i'm looking for an alternative. thanks

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Disc Channel backup loading can only be done (via software) with cIOSCORP (3.x isn't as scary as the previous versions) or forcing the games and System Menu to use IOS249 (probably not as risky, but won't play Error 002b games).

vistamaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh.. so u reckon on a softmodded wii with 4.2e wont screw up with cioscorp? and if it DID, would a nand backup fix the problem? thanks

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Should an install of cIOSCORP go awry, a NAND backup should work, provided it's restored by BootMii as boot2. (BootMii as IOS254 would have no way of starting up if the System Menu IOS got screwed up.)

vistamaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok. thanks a lot for your help mate. appreciate it. ill be sure to make a nand backup before installing cioscorp then!! thanks again.

EDIT: oh, and btw, is there an app which will allow nand backup/restore to usb? or will i have to go and buy another(bigger) sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.