Disappointed by last Direct? 5.11.2014

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by shinkodachi, Nov 6, 2014.

?

How did you like the Nintendo Direct 5.11.2014?

1. AWESOME! GET HYPE!

32.7%
  2. OK.

40.0%
  3. It was bad.

16.4%
  4. Wii U has no gaems!1!!

16.4%
  5. I wish they had a more balanced amount of Wii U and 3DS content

14.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shinkodachi
    OP

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    I don't see a lot of discussion here about the Direct (not that anything new was unveiled for Wii U anyway). At least Japan got a release date for Sonic Toon (Boom in the West). Some announcements were okay like amiibo support demonstrated in Mario Kart 8, etc. But in the end I wasn't feeling much love for the Wii U. If you look at the Japanese Direct, they had a ton more 3DS stuff to show as well, so it's clear what they're focusing on (the money making machine).

I was kinda expecting more on Mario Party 10 or Zelda U or maybe something more out of Miyamoto regarding his projects (especially Star Fox). But I guess they had nothing to show yet.

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Yep, disappointing indeed.

No news about New 3DS, Star Fox, Metroid but another Zelda remake? Oh sure there you go 3DS owners!

3. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Does everything even need to be also so AWESOME or HYPED?
    It was neat little half hour news flash and it did include some new stuff and release dates.

4. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Ennh, was okay! ....Wasn't expecting Zelda/other big announcement anyway, so no problems there.... Actually watched the US one last night, but the EU one today - EU's was sooo much better, gotta love the EU boss and his pseudo-Nippon/Deutsch Engrish accent.....:lol: - half the excitement was wondering what words were gonna pop out of his mouth next, and better still, how he was gonna try and pronounce them.... But I digress: we got more Amiibo info, which is one of their big Chrimbo pushes, lots of MK8 DLC info, and plenty of info on the games arriving soon[-er than Zelda] - job done, and an OK one at that.

Schizoanalysis likes this.
  5. DaRk_ViVi

DaRk_ViVi Sending you back... to the future!

Apr 13, 2004
    Italy
    Asti, Italy
    Majora's Mask remake? It's more than enough for me! :toot:

raulpica likes this.
  6. anon3536

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    im happy for the MM remake, not really hype cuz its been pretty obvious it was gonna happen on 3ds, i would have much rather gotten a hd remake on the wii u

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Has anybody ever been genuinely and legitimately (I am sure we have all seen those that would be excited if Nintendo announced they plan to be in business next month) excited for content announced during one?

8. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    May was a long time ago.

9. CJLopez

CJLopez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2008
    Mexico
    I was expecting they announced Smash WiiU Demo!!!! Same thing when the 50 extravanganza direct happened

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Somewhere inbetween awesome and OK. I loved the Majoras Mask 3D announcement but was disappointed that there weren't any more news about Zelda Wii U.
    I guess it's too early to show more of Zelda Wii U, it's probably nowhere near finished yet. I expect to see more info on it early spring 2015.

Always nice to see more gameplay of titles they haven't shown much of though :)

11. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Majora's mask is an amazing announcement, however I was hoping for SMT X FE :P I'm sure they have more games in store for the Wii U .. although just having Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda and Yoshi next year would be enough for me, I'm sure they have some cards up their sleeves.

12. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I agree they should've unveiled atleast an announcement for New Nintendo 3DS/XL but they didn't& a Metroid remake for Wii U/3DS would've been awesome when they announced xeno blade they announced the New 3DS so why didn't they announce it for us

I bet the reason why they didn't announce the New Nintendo 3DS is because of the people complain about the 3D I say if they don't like the 3D why don't they just not use it don't go all over youtube bitching about it sheesh they'll ruin future releases for the US

13. anon3536

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    during a direct? i cant even remember ones that were announced in a direct before anywhere else tbh so i may have to say no to this question

14. shinkodachi
    OP

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    I'm specifically viewing this from a Wii U owner's perspective (I also have a 3DS): for Wii U owners there was very little to show. And I'm kinda disappointed because now would have been the time to bring out the appetite in Wii U owners for the holidays beyond Smash. But maybe we'll have another Direct soon, so I guess this was made now just to unveil MM 3D (which is awesome and I'm getting it for my 3DS and as a 3DS owner I'm excited, but again as a Wii U owner I felt the Direct was really lacking).

15. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    You should not expect that much - it's Nintendo after all.
    I'm totally satisfied that even one game was a must have for me. Okay, it's an old game on a new console - who cares.

The WiiU still sucks, that's a fact. It has no games that are really new and shiny, the longer going series like Smash and Mario Party / Kart / Jumper are there - but they cant fill the hole. And now Nintendo found DLC and use it to keep these series alive even further.

Ah no, there is one new game: Splatoon! ..that's the game with these bright colour.. and the squids. Well, the WiiU is saved after all. ;)

16. shinkodachi
    OP

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    But they haven't really talked about Mario Party 10, have they? It wasn't even properly announced at E3, it was more like a surprise announcement through a tweet and a YouTube video with a bit of footage. Ever since then it's not been talked about. Even in this Direct the only reference to Mario Party 10 is that it's going to support amiibo, but in what way? No one knows yet. They didn't even bother showing what it could have been.

And that is part of my problem. Nintendo gives us these little nuggets of information every now and then, but then it's like it never happened. I'm still waiting for a Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem announcement past the 30 second YouTube teaser. Or Star Fox! Sorry Miyamoto, I really don't care about Pikmin Short Movies. I loved Pikmin 3, but I'm not buying short movies on my Wii U or 3DS. Just tell me what you're going to do with Star Fox plz. (Or if you want to make animations then make something better... I really loved Bayonetta: Bloody Fate and wish there was more anime/animation of games like that. Super Smash Animation, anyone?)

17. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I remember that they played it on E3 with the Nintendo Treehouse crew. Maybe it's one of those games that comes suddenly out of the underground.

Sadly that's right .. still waiting for SMT X FE too. Maybe they havent enough content to present these games yet? That Zelda teaser was not telling much. The work for cheering Hyrule Warrior up in the sky could have been used in other ways. :glare:

18. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You guys do realize that this is only games for around Spring and not the whole year, right?
    Anyway, I chosen ok. I'm really a mix or between of ok and hype!!!

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the preference of 3D. I think they just want people focus in buying the old 3ds/Xl.

19. shinkodachi
    OP

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    They just announced new special editions (Smash Bros., Persona Q) of the regular 3DS (XL) so yeah, I'm sure they'll keep it quiet about the New 3DS (XL) until after next year.

20. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Exactly what I had expected from the direct really with MM3D taking me by surprise. But I mean after a Smash direct not long ago, and Smash being right around the corner, I didn't have high expectations for the direct to begin with, I thought the biggest news would be the release date of the MK8 first DLC pack. SO I was very happy to see the announcement of Majora's Mask.