Hacking Question Disabling internet access on Switch via router settings (MAC)

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like DD-WRT I suggest you check out Pfsense, it is far more configurable than DD-WRT, I used DD-WRT for years before pfsense and still use 2 x routers running a modified version of it (advanced tomato) ..

As for 'better' router.. Pfsense sense runs on a dedicated i5 pc with 8GB RAM, and 2 x netgear R7000 based routers connect via it..

I've heard of pfsense, but had forgotten about it. I'll definitely look into it on a spare box when I have the time! :)

Jaisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you wanted to use DNS to block internet access but allow LAN access, making both DNS servers on the Switch 0.0.0.0 should do it.

Highly doubt there's any hard-coded ip's for anything in it.

Reactions: p3el05

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
I want to completely block Internet access on the switch rather than use something like 90DNS, I don't like the idea of blacklisting domains, all it takes is one of the domains to be changed by Nintendo then you risk a ban. I would like to be able to use FTP and local LAN play only. I'll test the switch DNS manually set to 0.0.0.0, thanks for the tip.

Last edited by p3el05,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally