1. Raiquazzza

OP Raiquazzza Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hey, fellow windows 10 users. I've got extremely annoyed by my system sometimes popping up scary messages that I am not up to date. I have 1809 feature updates version but with 1909 I am experiencing too many problems, so I've decided not to install it at all. I know the tips about postponing updates via advanced options, but after a year I'll be forced to update. But I don't want to. Is there any kind of tool, allowing me to have quality and security updates enables, but feature ones -disabled completely?

2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

For the record, 1809 is supported until November 10, 2020.

Which version of W10 are you running?

edit:

Regardless, I'd suggest making a regular backup of your system there are free methods such as Macrium Reflect Free.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    i suppose you could manually break the update feature by removing files needed for it to run.

4. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp 90's Fan

Mexico
    You have to manually edit some values in REGEDIT in order to disable Automatic Updates.

I honestly can't remember which ones you're supposed to change, but they're related to Windows (in REGEDIT)
    So, it is possible, but I don't know what problems might this bring aside of not updating automatically.

Me... at this point of the game I've just gave up with Windows Automatic Updates to be honest.
    May the updates come to me ¬_¬

5. Brayton1-7

Brayton1-7 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  6. FamicomHeero

FamicomHeero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you do any registry changes, Windows *might* revert them through their regular updates but I could be wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Disable, windows, feature