Disable windows feature updates

BlackRekuzza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hey, fellow windows 10 users. I've got extremely annoyed by my system sometimes popping up scary messages that I am not up to date. I have 1809 feature updates version but with 1909 I am experiencing too many problems, so I've decided not to install it at all. I know the tips about postponing updates via advanced options, but after a year I'll be forced to update. But I don't want to. Is there any kind of tool, allowing me to have quality and security updates enables, but feature ones -disabled completely?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For the record, 1809 is supported until November 10, 2020.

Which version of W10 are you running?

edit:

Regardless, I'd suggest making a regular backup of your system there are free methods such as Macrium Reflect Free.

Reactions: Alexander1970

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to manually edit some values in REGEDIT in order to disable Automatic Updates.

I honestly can't remember which ones you're supposed to change, but they're related to Windows (in REGEDIT)
So, it is possible, but I don't know what problems might this bring aside of not updating automatically.

Me... at this point of the game I've just gave up with Windows Automatic Updates to be honest.
May the updates come to me ¬_¬

FamicomHeero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do any registry changes, Windows *might* revert them through their regular updates but I could be wrong.

PayotCraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can try Winaero Tweaker. Just search 'winaero tweaker' on Google.

In the app, find it in Behavior ---> Disable Windows Update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...