Dios Mios randomly failing to load game data

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OmegaVesko, Jul 7, 2014.

1. OmegaVesko
    OP

OmegaVesko GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2011
    I realize the title is extremely vague, so I'll elaborate. Basically, I've got the latest version of Dios Mios (not Lite), a copy of LoZ: Wind Waker on my 320GB FAT32 formatted HDD, and I'm using WiiFlow to launch it.

To start with, the game *does* run. However, my issue is that, whenever I reach a point where the game wants to load more stuff from the disc (HDD) - entering a house, starting the game, anything - there's a seemingly random chance that the game will hang indefinitely on a black screen. Sometimes it hangs before the intro cinematic even starts, sometimes it hangs after the cinematic, sometimes it hangs when I'm already playing and I try to enter a house.

This is the first time I've seriously tried to play with Dios Mios, so I could very well have done something wrong. Maybe it just doesn't like my HDD. Any thoughts?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    try a usb pen drive, dios mios also hates my hdd and runs fine on a pen drive

maybe your hdd does have a sleep mode and its slow returning... :/

OmegaVesko likes this.
  3. OmegaVesko
    OP

OmegaVesko GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2011
    That's what confuses me though, I play Wii games off the same hard drive without any issues. I recall having some similar issues with Wii games years ago (the HDD would go into sleep and I had to unplug it and plug it back in again for it to start loading), but they went away when I updated my cIOS to d2x as soon as that became a thing.

Hm, actually, you may have a point. Maybe d2x handles it fine for Wii games but DM struggles with it for the same reason. I'll have a go with my USB flash drive later, thanks!

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    from my experience
    dios mios is a lot more sensible... anything wrong and it doesn't work...
    my hdd doesnt work unless i unplug it and plug it again in the homebrew channel before launch the usb loader or any app... it works fine with games i dont have any crashes or slow loadings everything is fine..
    but it doesn't start at all in dios mios, but i used a 8gb pen drive and dios mios is working with some issues related to memory card but that is game specific..