Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i have a black wii and its 4.1u and i have DML and i use neogamma r9 beta 56 and i currently installed DMLr44 and 47 the most recent one.

So the games 100% work and they are all NTSC-U and i used a 4gb sd card class 4 and couple month ago the game used to work like new. the games are Super mario sunshine and Mario K Double dash and super smash bros melee.

PROBLEMS WITH GAMES: Super mario sunshine takes so long to load a level (didnt happen before) but still good. Mario kart double dash has no problems. Super smash bros melee the menu shows up and all like the regular game but it wont load a stage. Like it goes to the stage menu but it freezes when it says loading. So i cant play it.

Is there a cure? If you need extra information ill be here.

(what i mean by slow i mean lots and lots of lag)

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUUUU!!! So no one knows the cure? Im sorry if im bumping this tpic but please! smart people or regular or even dump people! Share your knowledge! I neeed extreme help!! :( Even if its something you dont know just tell me!

hellfire2081

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, maybe it is you SD card who is making this lag...

In fact, you can make a DML sd test (or whatever) and post the result here so we can make a compare.

Or you can format it and try and see if there is a difference.

What do you think??

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
FUUUU!!! So no one knows the cure? Im sorry if im bumping this tpic but please! smart people or regular or even dump people! Share your knowledge! I neeed extreme help!! :( Even if its something you dont know just tell me!

Maybe you should wait more than 13 minutes before crying and swearing... You wont get any help that way, you will only ruin your reputation and people wont help you just cause youre annoying.

Reactions: 1 person

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you should wait more than 13 minutes before crying and swearing... You wont get any help that way, you will only ruin your reputation and people wont help you just cause youre annoying.

Okay

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could it be the speed of the card? last i saw it was recomended to use a class 10 sd card to get the best results

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right so the lagging is normal. I did the speedtest and found out my game is pretty slow. But what i dont get is that long time ago I used the same sd card and the games ran 4X faster. No joke.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that's correct, it mostly uses 32k cluster size and no games lag for me since I used this software for formatting, no 64k needed here.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's correct, it mostly uses 32k cluster size and no games lag for me since I used this software for formatting, no 64k needed here.
OK. There may be a certain interaction with different cards. I just went though some testing with my Lexar 32GB and can confirm that I experience significant slowdowns when formatting the card with the tool you linked, compared to formatting with either, EaseUS Partition Master or with the Windows XP format command, but setting the cluster size to 64K. I guess each of us should stick with what works him, but the OP should give both a try, just in case.

I did my tests with Eternal Darkness and F-Zero, because those were the first games where I experienced my first slow-downs, even before reading this. In ED, with 64K clusters my only slowdown is while the Nintendo logo is coming up at the beginning. Coincidentally, the logo goes by just fine with 32KB, but then the Silicon Knights logo stutters, which does not happen at all with 64K.
The most dramatic example was F-Zero GX, when clicking on a cup to access the tracks in Practice mode. With the real disc, it takes about 2 seconds to access the tracks in a cup. With 64K, it takes about 2.5-3 seconds, but with 32K, it takes up to 5 seconds and the menu music always stutters. This stutter happens sometimes with the real disc, but with DML and 64K, I haven't had it happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.