Trophies
XP
Country

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'll download this and check my harddrive, considering I read it, saying that sleepy hard drives are bad for the wii, so I wanna make sure my harddrive is fine.

However, I don't think my harddrive is the problem anymore though, as you suggested earlier, I tried dios mios LITE, and I got the disc read error on there too as I mentioned earlier in my latest post in page 219.

EDIT: I checked my drive with that guide and its confirmed that its not a sleepy harddrive.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll download this and check my harddrive, considering I read it, saying that sleepy hard drives are bad for the wii, so I wanna make sure my harddrive is fine.

However, I don't think my harddrive is the problem anymore though, as you suggested earlier, I tried dios mios LITE, and I got the disc read error on there too as I mentioned earlier in my latest post in page 219.

EDIT: I checked my drive with that guide and its confirmed that its not a sleepy harddrive.
Wow so u tried 2.9 and loading from SD and it still gave u an error? Is it all games or one specific game? Make sure u start with and have clean 1:1 ISO rips before u DiscEx bud. Also try the 1:1 dump first to see if DiscEx is breaking sth.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its all games, not just one, and all the ISOs I've added in before work perfectly before this issue. I also did try wario world 1:1 ISO rip with both discEX and DMtool box on SD to see if that works and both of them didnt change anything for the better. so it cant be the isos either.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... My only last guess is maybe you haven't formatted the drive correctly, the HDD should be Fat32 32 cluster and the SD should be Fat32 64 cluster, any other will cause serious slow downs and causes the games top break!

You may be having a similar problem that I have with only one game, Mega Man X Command Mission, for some reason it still crashes a lot making it very hard to progress in that game, I tried everything, 1:1 rip, disc in drive, running through USB with sleep mode off, running through SD, DML Booter, everything set to "off", real Memory Card (I always use that) and multiple revisions of DML till back to 2.5 which is confirmed to be the last stable version, I still get a error message all the time, though I will point out that DM 2.5 caused the error very late so it seems to run better!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KentaZX, did you try installing a clean BC already?
(you should be able to get and install it the same way as the clean MIOS)

Its either MIOS/BC related or how the HDD is formatted me thinks...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay I tried the Dios mios lite 2.9 and 2.5, being more compatible with stuff. And I STILL get the disc error... welp atleast now I know theres nothing wrong with my HDD :D... but still...that means its the lens needs to be replaced then? or could I get that wii disc cleaner and it should work fine?
If you read from ISO, then your lens has nothing to do with this error.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KentaZX, did you try installing a clean BC already?
(you should be able to get and install it the same way as the clean MIOS)

Its either MIOS/BC related or how the HDD is formatted me thinks...

a clean BC? ahh you mean the RVL-BC v6 right? I Just tried recently and that didnt fixed the problem either..

@CYan: I see...I thought it was since I had a wii disc in the drive, and everytime that error pops up, the disc drive powers down and restarted..

and I know I should tried to reformat the HDD, but im afraid of going to that step due to me having only one 2TB drive and I already have over 1.2TB filled, i dont have anywhere else to back up the content in that harddrive... What I dont get is, why I never had any problem playing the gamecube games on that harddrive until NOW.. my harddrive isnt a sleepy one, I never reformatted it before, and me and my friends were playing gamecube games on that very Harddrive ever since before a couple days ago when I installed wii gator's CMIOS to use cheats on a retail gamecube disc..

I still think it has to something to do MIOS/BC/CMIOS related..since that problem started when i tried to use AR cheats for a retail disc and given up on it due to the cheats themself not working or could even find working ones.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
a clean BC? ahh you mean the RVL-BC v6 right? I Just tried recently and that didnt fixed the problem either..

@CYan: I see...I thought it was since I had a wii disc in the drive, and everytime that error pops up, the disc drive powers down and restarted..

and I know I should tried to reformat the HDD, but im afraid of going to that step due to me having only one 2TB drive and I already have over 1.2TB filled, i dont have anywhere else to back up the content in that harddrive... What I dont get is, why I never had any problem playing the gamecube games on that harddrive until NOW.. my harddrive isnt a sleepy one, I never reformatted it before, and me and my friends were playing gamecube games on that very Harddrive ever since before a couple days ago when I installed wii gator's CMIOS to use cheats on a retail gamecube disc..

I still think it has to something to do MIOS/BC/CMIOS related..since that problem started when i tried to use AR cheats for a retail disc and given up on it due to the cheats themself not working or could even find working ones.
I was in this situation of depression before (even before DM back when using DML r58 and formatting my SD card incorrectly) I tried everything but formatting my SD at the time, nobody knew what was the problem but I'll tell you what they told me, DON'T GIVE UP!

Your issue clearly has nothing to do with your Wii being faulty or else it won't even recognize and run any games at all, it's not the hard drive being faulty because you say Wii games run fine, it's not the hard drive being sleepy because the issue happened when running from SD as well, you said you tried installing a clean Mios so it can't be that either, and since you say all games do the same not just this one game then it's not a bad rip, my only guess like I mentioned about is that you probably formatted your hard drive and SD card incorrectly, i.e. you did format them fat32 but not 32/64 cluster, the last part is very important, that was the issue I had back with DML r58 when the games all of a sudden stopped working for me!

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm... I figured when i format the 2TB in first use to start using it, it wouldve been already 32K cluster...but NOW you mentioned it, I JUST remember I have a 4GB SD card that I use for DML before DM came in, and I DO remember formatting that card to 64K cluster as needed. I'll try with that card and see what happens.

Also, If formatting is what I must do after this, I'm now concern about the other files I have in my harddrive, I have some Ps3 games and wii games as well, If I format it to 32K cluster, will that screw up being able to play ps3 backups (assuming the people talking here used a CFW PS3 and multiman or wii back ups properly then? If it will, then I can just move the gamecube backups to my 80GB hard drive.

UPDATE: Okay I did a test on Wario world, Played that stage where i was playing until that disc error message keep coming up on the 2TB drive and the 2GB SD card. Tried it with my 4GB with the 32K, played the stage all the way and beaten the boss inside. Everything worked perfect...So I guess it was the format problem after all.....ah well, good thing i have an 80GB harddrive to spare.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@sonictopfan great job on supporting kentazx all the way through. Your never give up attitude really helped weed out the problem.

@kentazx as far as Wii games go they run just fine with FAT32 32k cluster format. You will experience no problems at all. I don't see why the PS3 backups wouldn't work either but don't quote me on that since I'm not running a PS3 setup myself.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@kentazx I'm glad to hear that it worked, I hope things work out for you, as for the PS3 I too use a CFW PS3 and multiman (actually I use irismanager but I also have multiman) and formatting to Fat32 32K cluster seems to work fine with no issues, except that WD won't work with the PS3 unfortunately like it does for the Wii!

@MassiveRican Well I was only trying to help, I been in this very same situation back with DML r58 days and I went all the way to losing hope completely but one member here told me this very same line and guess what, he was right!

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to say that after formatting my 80GB harddrive to FAT 32 with 32K cluster, and placing all the gamecube games back in, I had my friends play mario party 7 up to 10/20 turns and I did NOT ran into any errors whatsoever....other than how dios mios shuts down the wii when trying to boot a game up sometimes, but that can't be fixed I believe so it doesn't matter.

short story, I can play gamecube games on USB again, thanks Sonictopfan and everyone else who contributed on helping me out :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to say I finally got a mod of DM 2.9 that fixes my Mega Man X Command Mission from crashing all the time, it also fixes the two disc support, finally Dios Mios works fine with all my GC games (aside from Audio Streaming of course) hopefully it will be in the next release!

Reactions: Maxternal

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got DML 2.9, and I've got an issue with my save file for Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (NTSC) corrupting instantaneously. I am not using NMM. Any thoughts?

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Talking of DM 2.9 (not DML) I've been struggling for two days - I have two wii's, I finally managed to install dm on both of them, one works fine and the other hangs at the splash screen. I'm using one hard drive, and just swapping it between the two machines. I haven't found anything helpful on the forums, any ideas?

thanks in advance

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Talking of DM 2.9 (not DML) I've been struggling for two days - I have two wii's, I finally managed to install dm on both of them, one works fine and the other hangs at the splash screen. I'm using one hard drive, and just swapping it between the two machines. I haven't found anything helpful on the forums, any ideas?

thanks in advance
maybe a syscheck of both systems would shed some light on the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4