Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested the modified version, Need For Speed worked fine, Billy Hatcher worked fine, Mega Man X Command Mission seems to work fine, Super Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, all worked fine, swap disk works too!

It's a shame we can't share these fixed builds in public instead of the buggy one in the official page, <snip>!

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sAfter 2.6 version Need for speed most wanted crashes at the "press start" screen(right after all intros). 1.5 version does not has problems. Where do we report bugs officially?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tested the modified version, Need For Speed worked fine, Billy Hatcher worked fine, Mega Man X Command Mission seems to work fine, Super Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, all worked fine, swap disk works too!

It's a shame we can't share these fixed builds in public instead of the buggy one in the official page <snip>
Could any body check if the games that are in my Winnertag sig are working?
They load fine but also hang upon starting the actual gameplay...

Problem games are: SRS, Xtreme G 3, XtremeG racing league, Driven. Also GUN

Reactions: nakata6790

tankberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a shame we can't share these fixed builds in public instead of the buggy one in the official page, <snip>!

I will be very grateful if somebody can pm me with a link to this fixed version. Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
swap disk works too!
OH really? That's cool. If I understood correctly we just replaced the patches.c or something like that from a previous version and recompile
... so anyone remember which version I have to take it from? v2.5? v2.4?

I'd kinda like to recompile a version like this and just post it WITH code included with a message saying something like "frankenbuild, use at your own risk" and hope that does the trick.

EDIT : okay, I found my answer again
http://gbatemp.net/threads/dios-mios-lite.329342/page-197#post-4561144
now I have to find the time to try this out.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
because the user took it personally when we removed link because he didn't provide asked sources.
As a result he decided to not provide it on gbatemp anymore, instead of going legal.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No no, that, man that wasn't a critics to you or someone else.
I things that's only a good thing that a program can be edited and make better: for that I say "If this version mod works better, why don't do it?"
But always with source-code obviously.

That is my general opinion about every program (not only DM).

Doctor Qwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With DM 2.8, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles will crash every time you attempt to touch magicite while editing your command list.
Is this a setting on my end I need to adjust or just a buggy interaction with the game in question? I can play several others just fine, so I know my HDD is supported.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
because the user took it personally when we removed link because he didn't provide asked sources.
As a result he decided to not provide it on gbatemp anymore, instead of going legal.
^This.
It's a shame really, I don't know why he refuses to do it, it will give him the credit he deserves especially after Crediar abandoning the project (sort of) his mods are just amazing!

Reactions: KiiWii

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could any body check if the games that are in my Winnertag sig are working?
They load fine but also hang upon starting the actual gameplay...

Problem games are: SRS, Xtreme G 3, XtremeG racing league, Driven. Also GUN

I too would like to know if games like GUN, EoN, XGRA work now.
Personally i'm still rocking DM v2.0u5 and i have 120 GC games (30 of those with Devolution) and those 3 (along with Ikaruga music) are the only significant ones not working yet.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I too would like to know if games like GUN, EoN, XGRA work now.
Personally i'm still rocking DM v2.0u5 and i have 120 GC games (30 of those with Devolution) and those 3 (along with Ikaruga music) are the only significant ones not working yet.

SRS is supposed to be working, but I haven't bothered redumping this game yet.
As for the other games, No not working yet. If they do not work in older versions of DM, do not expect a fix anytime soon.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
^This.
It's a shame really, I don't know why he refuses to do it, it will give him the credit he deserves especially after Crediar abandoning the project (sort of) his mods are just amazing!
Because he's said so himself that all efforts go to Crediar. It's slight changes in patches.c AFAIK that are merged from older versions of DM. Not revolutionary, but fixes are always welcome and very much appreciated. And what the helk r u talkin' about? Crediar and team haven't abandoned this project. They're even working on enhancing the compatibility of NMM.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Because he's said so himself that all efforts go to Crediar. It's slight changes in patches.c AFAIK that are merged from older versions of DM. Not revolutionary, but fixes are always welcome and very much appreciated.

It doesn't matter who wrote the original code, Crediar broke games that were working before and never cared to get them fixed again, wither he neglected them in purpose or they were broken in favor to fix other stuff is beyond me but this doesn't change the fact he didn't react on fixing them even though according to what you said is a very simple fix, which btw not all of us can do that stuff, I know I can't and I'm sure most DM(L) users can't compile and swap patches.

Crediar maybe a great programmer but his manners and personality aren't so great imho, I respect his work nonetheless, but he rarely responds to any comments, he never takes bug reports seriously and just assumes you're doing something wrong without even trying the reported games, I tried to report many times games like Looney Tunes Back in Action, Namco Museum, and Pac-Man World Rally for audio streaming issues, Virtua Striker 3 for not working while compressed (not sure if it's been fixed, last I checked was with DML 1.5 then stuck with the uncompressed version) but he never took them seriously or let anyone add to the compatibility list.

People have reported that SD compatibility broke with DML 1.0 while it worked fine in older versions, he totally neglected that and gave them the middle finger, they reported USB compatibility being broken, he didn't care, they reported sleep mode issues, took him a long time to fix and even then he didn't provide a proper fix, it only fixed SOME hard drives, then came airline38 and provided the proper fix for sleep mode, he tolerated me and asked me for testing one version after the other until it worked.

Crediar then made a mod of DML to run TriForce games, he totally kept it a secret and didn't share it with anyone, which is totally his right I'm not saying otherwise, then when it was leaked he punished those who did nothing wrong and released an early build and said (THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING, BITCHES) a short time after he released a couple of videos showing progress of Quadforce running more games and having save feature and USB support, saying he's never to release them in public, what's the point of showing them off if you're not planning on sharing them? That was a d*ck move if you ask me!

airline38 cares for bug reports, he tries to help and support the project the way he can, Crediar doesn't, this makes me respect airline38's work more and respect him as a guy in general, if I'm to donate for one of them I'd choose airline38 because while Crediar may have wrote the original codes it doesn't help if he broke them later on or didn't care to share fixes!

And what the helk r u talkin' about? Crediar and team haven't abandoned this project. They're even working on enhancing the compatibility of NMM.
Well last I heard they said he backed his Wii again and said he's moved to a different project, I really hope they'd enhance NMM compatibility because I'm thinking to switch on using it with games with bigger save files that I don't intend to keep after I beat the game, well that and it maybe a good start for DM(U)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ