Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

superceleron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing that i did notice its my WD hdd have a lot beter compatibility that my toshiba hdd.
40% of my games on the toshiba dont work, while only 5% dont work on the WD... weird...
Btw this is using the same HDD enclosure.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that i did notice its my WD hdd have a lot beter compatibility that my toshiba hdd.
40% of my games on the toshiba dont work, while only 5% dont work on the WD... weird...
Btw this
is using the same HDD enclosure.

Because Western Digital is a very reliable brand. That's why.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NFS Underground 1&2 NTSC both give me a pink screen after DM boot logo. According to compatability list they should work. Whats wrong?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this USB DM is really trying my patience. I have yet to get a single game to boot through USB, i don't even get a splash screen. I really wish i could figure out what i'm doing wrong.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
NFS Underground 1&2 NTSC both give me a pink screen after DM boot logo. According to compatability list they should work. Whats wrong?
Did you modify the iso? Mine is extracted in gcreex format and my girlfriend is playing it fine right now.

Why do you need to point out the fact that you've got a girlfiriend,

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anybody tell mewhat is discex and gcreex?

Well if you are using Dios Mios, it seems you would know what these are... Either way, use these to convert 1:1 images to "required" format for Dios Mios, they can align images properly (for 32k formatted drives) and get rid of the extra unneeded space (some games can go from 1.4GB to 100MB for me,) I think it also can extract the apploader and banner into its sub dir for use with loaders, etc.. I personally like to use DiscEx and compress (not leave full size) my images and it works on most my official titles.

I think the reason people have so many issues with many games is b/c they are using rips already and there is possible image corruption.

Reactions: 1 person

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so those are program to rips gc games,so it's best to rip with the original gc disk.am i right?
sorry because i haven't used this program b4

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you modify the iso? Mine is extracted in gcreex format and my girlfriend is playing it fine right now.

Why do you need to point out the fact that you've got a girlfiriend,

Why do you feel the need to waste a post trying to point it out? Envious much?

Tried uninstalling and re installing DM 2.2 update 3 and still refuses to boot retail discs. Not even so much as a splash screen. gonna try going to MIOSv10 and back to DM, see if it fixes it.

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, to sum this up at this point: does DIOS MIOS Lite v2.2 work for anyone now?

As many other users already said, DML v1.5 works fine as well as DM v2.2 does work fine. But DML v2.2 gives me and many others a black screen and no debug output. None of my games worked, I tried two different SD-Cards and DiscEx as well as GCReEx, changed some settings in USB Loader GX r1201 (e.g. the "DML v2.2+"-switch) and so on, but nothing works. Console and games are PAL.

It would be very nice if someone who actually got DML v2.2 working to post everything that could somehow be important.

EDIT: Oh, and how can you know that "almost no one donated" the last weeks? I don't see know donation list, if there was one I'd be on it.

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so it's best to use clean rip iso b4 convert to use with dios mios??
what is 1:1,does it mean clean rip iso?
CleanRip creates 1:1 ISO rips.

To be more specific:
- 1:1 ISO rips are 100% identical to what's on the disc, including the "waste" content to fill up the space to reach 1.4GB (disc size)
- DiscEx can edit and shrink these 1:1 rips so you have smaller files (

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be more specific:
- 1:1 ISO rips are 100% identical to what's on the disc, including the "waste" content to fill up the space to reach 1.4GB (disc size)

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be more specific:

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so if i have the iso whch already shrink,can i still use it?
You should be able to, yes.
DiscEx and GCReEx both work with shrinked ISOs as well as 1:1 ripped ISOs.

But to mention it: if I were you, I'd create a 1:1 rip with CleanRip, then I'd use "DiscEx -c" to shrink and optimize that rip because it saves spaces and DiscEx seems to work better than GCReEx.

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Tried uninstalling and re installing DM 2.2 update 3 and still refuses to boot retail discs. Not even so much as a splash screen. gonna try going to MIOSv10 and back to DM, see if it fixes it.

Yeah, I had all these issues in the past and had to "reinstall MIOS (I think maybe BC Also") to get retails booting again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn