Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

kaulsuraj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try to uninstall the current DM before installing the new one?

Worth a shot
I have indeed tried it multiple times, still no luck. I'll just wait for DM 2.3, and if that won't work then I'll suffer.

^Although I haven't tried the cache yet, I'm gonna try that first. Thank you.
try wad manager 1.7

donovan6000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to actually boot a game with DIOS MIOS on a gamecube-less Wii just to see if it boots?
It should, BC and MIOS are still there like a normal Wii... but there would be no way to play unless new GC controller jacks were soldered in place.
I can confirm that DM runs perfectly on gamecube-less wiis. I'm the guy who won the wii with the ports soldered on, and i havent experience any unexpected problems with DM.

Reactions: 3 people

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what my problem is, but I can not install Dios Mios wads above 2.2.0. Any other wads (such as update 2.2.1+) always fetch me an error -1022. I've tried from usb and sd but no such luck. Anybody have any ideas?

You need to uninstall the older version before installing this one, just click "uninstall" on the new wad with wad manager instead of "install" then try installing it again and it shall work I think!

If that doesn't work try changing the cIOS!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what my problem is, but I can not install Dios Mios wads above 2.2.0. Any other wads (such as update 2.2.1+) always fetch me an error -1022. I've tried from usb and sd but no such luck. Anybody have any ideas?

You need to uninstall the older version before installing this one, just click "uninstall" on the new wad with wad manager instead of "install" then try installing it again and it shall work I think!

:O Never uninstall, always overwrite.

-1022 ? Content did not match hash in TMD

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2.2 (2012-07-20)
  • Added a new DVDLowRead pattern (fixes Luigi's Mansion USA and maybe other games)
  • Made the DVDGetDriveStatus patch optional via a config since it broke some games (DML_CFG_NODISC) (fixes Prince of Persia:Sands of Time, Goblin Commander, King Kong, ... )
LOL, have been playing this game of and on between DM revisions, and it always worked...what is fixed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you played without a disc in the drive?
When the NoDisc patching was enabled (controlled by a disc in the drive) the game wasn't working, so he added an extended noDisc setting to disable only a part of the noDisc patching.
Maybe it's region dependent, like Luigi's Mansion USA which didn't work while the EUR version worked fine.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ , that error means the wad installer has a problem to install it over the old wad, this sometimes happens...like a few others already said, de-install the old WAD first.

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour is shutting the wii down for me on 2.2, guess it might be my dump given that it's listed as working on the official list though

thanks to crediar for the hdd sleep fix

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wii is shutting down after the DM splash screen?
Or right after leaving the launcher?

other users have this problem too (on all games). with all loaders, and with different hdd. it's just random.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, decided to install DM 2.2; also updated to the most current build of cfg USB Loader that I could find.

I thought I could rip the games to USB and play from there? Sure, I have a decent sized SD card on my Wii, but it's not my preferred place to store ISO's if you get what I mean. Suggestions? Tried WiiBackupManager to see if I could maybe rip it that way for my external hard disk, but no dice. :(

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour is shutting the wii down for me on 2.2, guess it might be my dump given that it's listed as working on the official list though

thanks to crediar for the hdd sleep fix
mario golf works fine here ntsc not compressed

PAL uncompressed not working here. Hangs on DM screen after drive resets through wiiflowmod r605 :(

demoniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try Dios Mios Booter. Works with lots of Pal Games perfectly on 480p. Wiiflow is not as good to launch gamecube games. Dios Mios Booter works much better!

demoniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo is still not working also in todays update. Would be nice if this is fixed soon :). Most of my Games now work in 480p or patched to 480p. Hope Crediar also finds a way to play Wario World and some others with the same errors soon in 480p :). And also great to hear from his twitter that he is coding a audio streaming emulation also :)
It is working, you need to enable PadHook.

And this new version is working fine for me, besides the random black screen and Wii power off...

Big thanks for the information with PadHook :). Works now again :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so is there a way to employ using the Wii's DVD drive to rip GC games to a USB hard drive like there already is for Wii games?

cfg-usb loader seems to still think in DML-only mode, which puts me at a disadvantage... namely, with regard to the fact I'd rather rip/load the game from USB instead of my SD card.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so is there a way to employ using the Wii's DVD drive to rip GC games to a USB hard drive like there already is for Wii games?

cfg-usb loader seems to still think in DML-only mode, which puts me at a disadvantage... namely, with regard to the fact I'd rather rip/load the game from USB instead of my SD card.

One of cfg's betas allowed ripping to USB. Though, I ended up switching to GX partially because of this (I lost track of the beta's download link after switching to another). Wouldn't be surprised if it has been fixed in another beta though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works