Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Very noob question how do you force widescreen for gc games?
Not a noob question. The 16:9 patch was just recently added (from Dolphin I believe) to homebrew loaders. First was an unofficial version of Swiss, then the official Swiss and then I believe DML. I never tried the patch with DML, but with Swiss it works.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Are cheats supported because I tried using codes for super smash bros melee and it didnt work? The format is the same though right? Put the .gct files in the codes folder?
You put those in the same folder as the game.iso file but that folder AND the .gct file have to be named with just the GameID for the game. E.G. usb1:/games//.gct

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii hangs at a black screen when I try to boot the game. I have followed instructions very carefully, what could I be doing wrong?

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had success running Dios Mios with a 1tb Western Digital Elements hdd? I'm considering buying one but want to know if people have gotten it to work with Dios Mios. Mine is too small and can't disable spindown. Any other drives that are working out there?

strike43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to play Megaman anniversary collection with the usb loader, I get a white screen with this text on it.

"FATAL: Set your working directory correctly you muppet!!!!"

I'm guessing this is a fake/bad dump? I've downloaded this game twice now from different sites and got the same thing...

Also Megaman X collection is giving me no sound, I load my games through the Dios Mios booter.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had success running Dios Mios with a 1tb Western Digital Elements hdd? I'm considering buying one but want to know if people have gotten it to work with Dios Mios. Mine is too small and can't disable spindown. Any other drives that are working out there?

I'm using a WD Elements 1TB Portable USB 3 drive, model WDBPCK0010BBK. It's been working fine for me so far. It's pretty cheap at Staples, too.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Update from 'update 2' to 'update 3a'. Every time open my CG games from wiiflow mod r506 I got code dump! I didn't change anything other than updating/installing 'update 3a' wad thru wad manager in slot 249. What am I doing wrong? Trying to figure things out ..... :blink:

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update from 'update 2' to 'update 3a'. Every time open my CG games from wiiflow mod r506 I got code dump! I didn't change anything other than updating/installing 'update 3a' wad thru wad manager in slot 249. What am I doing wrong? Trying to figure things out ..... :blink:

Could be maybe the loaders need updating again to be compatible with DM.

Reactions: 1 person

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well no matter what I try, DM (update 2) will not work for me on a WD My Passport 1TB (usb2 version). DML worked fine for me and had to go back.
Either get "area! al error app_entry is not within apploader" with disc in, or "Fatal error apploader size is zero" without disc, over the top of the DM screen.
Wii is 4.2E using a Wiikey 1.
Have reloaded BC and clean MIOS then installed DM wad again to no avail.
Confirmed 32k FAT32 Active 1st partition (where games directory is), NTFS second partition. Running from Wiiflow r506.
All games tested are confirmed working games (with DML) converted with GCReEx 2b.
I assume there will be no suggestions as it seems drive compatibility has some way to go, from what I'm reading.
Will be great when it's a bit more stable (and working at all, for some of us!). Thanks for the efforts crediar.

I have this same problem with a WD Elements drive and I think it's cause it spinds down after a certain amount of time causing this issue and error messages at times.....researched and there is no way on this drive to disable the spindown or sleep timer, whatever you call it......my guess is Dios Mios needs some kind of pinger or watchdog to keep drives active for such drives that you can't disable the sleep timer......guess this has been done with wii game usb support just maybe not done with dios mios........think a watchdog has to be added in the cios or loader, or cmios to get this working......someone correct me if wrong....
With the My Passport versions I have (I've got a lot of them) there was a utility released by WD to rectify that because there were so many complaints.
I think this was the link I used...http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/WD-My-Passport-spinsdown-coolsdown-sleeps-after-10-seconds/td-p/110316
Hasn't been a problem with Wiiflow since I did that.

I have a WD My Passport as well and get the same errors (although the first error appears when there's no CD in the tray, and the "apploader size is zero" when a disc is inserted).
I am guessing Dios Mios can't properly load ISOs from WD HDD... I installed Melee with DiscEx -c, perhaps uncompressed it might work better.
What set-ups did you try for GC games?
Didn't do too much - just tried the ones which I knew were perfect in DML without tweaking. (Pal games on Pal machine)
I have a WD My Passport as well and get the same errors (although the first error appears when there's no CD in the tray, and the "apploader size is zero" when a disc is inserted).
I am guessing Dios Mios can't properly load ISOs from WD HDD...
DIOS MIOS is working here with WD Elements 1 TB.
WD Elements have a significantly different firmware structure to the WD My Passport series. The My Passports need to be massaged to get rid of the WD bloat and firmware stupidity.

Going to try the DML Booter Hielkenator suggested today along with the 3a version to see if that makes any difference.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been absent for three days, what are the updates? Any updates of DM after 2.0? Any updates for USBLoader GX needed after r1191

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have been absent for three days, what are the updates? Any updates of DM after 2.0? Any updates for USBLoader GX needed after r1191
DM is up to v2.0 update 3
and then there's this
Here is the latest beta, so I don't have any more complain about "the message asking to copy to SD is still here" ;)
USB Loader GX r1193 with DM(L) detection.
but r1191 should do the trick.

xybervirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crossposting this as this seems to be the official DML thread...

Has anyone encountered a non responsive gamecube controller problem? This is just in DML as it still works outside DML.

I've tried the controller outside of DML (both using
c204.gif
WiiSX and even through a system menu disc tray boot of the GC disc I'm using [megaman collection]) and it definitely works... but when booting the disc tray game through DML booter, it fails to respond in game.

the game I'm trying to run is Digimon World 4, but I'm not sure that's important considering even the disc tray game doesn't have a responsive controller. I've googled about this and I have only found ONE mention of this kind of problem but it was along with an audio problem and there was absolutely no detail like "audio glitching and no control response"...something like that.

Also when running Digimon, after it loads up the first few logo screens it gives a black screen that never changes, despite the compatability list saying it works (maybe it was someone who only let it run through the title logo's?)

Tried running the r58 version, but it just loads black screen after booting iso...going to retry a recompiled version in a bit, see how that goes....

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are cheats supported because I tried using codes for super smash bros melee and it didnt work? The format is the same though right? Put the .gct files in the codes folder?
You put those in the same folder as the game.iso file but that folder AND the .gct file have to be named with just the GameID for the game. E.G. usb1:/games//.gct
Wow any reason why its in a diffferent location. Whatever as long as it is supported :) Thank you.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just tried DM 2.0 3a. Still hasn't fixed the controller issue.
homer-doh-squaregreen.jpg
Just read somebody mention the idea of not putting int the controller until AFTER the game was booted. I'm not sure if it was this same problem or with a certain problematic game but I just thought I'd mention it to see if it works at a workaround.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT