dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't use this tool, I always use DiskEx for DM, and both Mario Golf and Batman Dark Tomorrow would freeze in the GC Loader screen if compressed, however non-compressed they both worked fine, and yes I did try different isos with the same reasult and asked around about Batman Dark Tomorrow with the same answer, so how you got the game to work while compressed is beyond me but it didn't work for me!

Very strange then because I tried to start a uncompressed image of Mario Golf (PAL) and it just hung up an the DM splash screen.
No matter what I try (different DM versions, different loaders) always the same problem. :(

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Glad to hear that audio streaming support for DIOS MIOS is still in development. I like the idea of Devolution, and it works very well for some games; the higher CPU/GPU speeds in Wii mode may even facilitate better frame rates in certain games which struggled in GC mode. However, the down side is that Devolution's AP has been problematic for myself and a number of other users - for some reason it will not verify a number of retail games and locks up the Wii.

Skraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have anyone heard about DM 2.1 (not 2.0 update X)? There's 2.1 on Crediar's list and I'm curious if it's version with new nice things or new bug fix version.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed on that list that Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and 3, and Namco Museum claim to work, but I haven't been able to get mine to boot a game without a disc in the drive. Anyone else have them working with no-disc and DiscEx -c?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have anyone heard about DM 2.1 (not 2.0 update X)? There's 2.1 on Crediar's list and I'm curious if it's version with new nice things or new bug fix version.

I assume that by 2.1 crediar refers to version 2.0 Update 1 since otherwise it won't fit into the table. However not sure if it's really meant to be this way.

Skraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I assume that by 2.1 crediar refers to version 2.0 Update 1 since otherwise it won't fit into the table. However not sure if it's really meant to be this way.
Assumptions aren't enough for me :P besides, it would be 2.0.1 or something. I want to believe that it's the dawn of the disc change and maybe audio stream. I keep my fingers crossed.

@up
Yep, he does!

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assumptions aren't enough for me :P besides, it would be 2.0.1 or something. I want to believe that it's the dawn of the disc change and maybe audio stream. I keep my fingers crossed.

I would welcome audio streaming and multidisc support as well, would make starfox adventures and tales of symphonia far more enjoyable. crediar accomplished so many things where others said it would be impossible in the past, that I sure think he could do it.

redankhofset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So from what ive read, there are 3 major issues that need to be fixed:

-audio streaming
-multidisc support
-hdd spindown

I'm not sure how relevant the third one is to you people but if it can be done then hooray

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I know most of you guys know this, but some of you might have overlooked the fact that some hdd models let you disable the hdd spindown (I just learnt it 2 days ago). I have a seagate, i downloaded a small program from the manufacture's site and disabled the power saving feature. Of course the ultimate solution is to bury this feature into the DIOS MIOS itself.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So from what ive read, there are 3 major issues that need to be fixed:

-audio streaming
-multidisc support
-hdd spindown

I'm not sure how relevant the third one is to you people but if it can be done then hooray
hdd spindown is the most important feature missing for me honestly ive just been waiting for some sort of fix

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't found a tool for my toshiba to disables spindown

ddetkowski: if diosmios went out of its way to keep the hdd performing period reads it wouldnt spin down?

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my hdd cant disable its spindown either.. it kinda sucks having to get another hd when my current 2tb works with everything...im hoping for some sort of fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: