Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone can help me i'm having a very odd problem with DIOS MIOS, it all works fine and everything but after playing any converted GC game for about 40 min to an hour the Wii shuts off unexpectedly and i have no idea why it's does that, maybe i'm accidentally hitting the Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo (keep in mine i have no idea what the combo is)

i'm playing games using a Seagate 250GB HDD formatted in FAT32
R+Z+start or R+Z+b

thanks, is there anyway to change or disable it?

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone can help me i'm having a very odd problem with DIOS MIOS, it all works fine and everything but after playing any converted GC game for about 40 min to an hour the Wii shuts off unexpectedly and i have no idea why it's does that, maybe i'm accidentally hitting the Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo (keep in mine i have no idea what the combo is)

i'm playing games using a Seagate 250GB HDD formatted in FAT32
R+Z+start or R+Z+b

thanks, is there anyway to change or disable it?

oh wait sorry, that actually was not the problem, the Wii still shuts itself down again while i was playing a GC game and i made sure i wasn't pressing any of the buttons, so have no idea why DML is still doing it, i reformated my HDD to FAT32 at 32K and re-installed the WADS just in case but it still does it and now i'm getting desperate :(

Ichibi No Kitsun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can help in the compatibility list?

Digimon World 4 - NTSC-U - Works (No disc, no memory off)

Kirby Air Ride - PAL - Works (For NTSC consoles, press pad left and when you hear a sound, press A to switch to 60hz) (Tested with DM 2.0 first, the second does not work on NTSC)

Capcom VS SNK EO - NTSC - Works

Luigi Mansion - NTSC - Works

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to load cheats?
Cheats work fine for using fix94's dml booter. I put the gct file for the game I want to cheat into it's gameid folder where the game.ISO is located.

This method is confirmed working with DML but not with DM , is this an update needed to DM or the Loaders?
"Gameid.gct" must be the same id as ur game, inside the folder where the game.iso is .

NJ7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no matter what I try, DM (update 2) will not work for me on a WD My Passport 1TB (usb2 version). DML worked fine for me and had to go back.
Either get "area! al error app_entry is not within apploader" with disc in, or "Fatal error apploader size is zero" without disc, over the top of the DM screen.
Wii is 4.2E using a Wiikey 1.
Have reloaded BC and clean MIOS then installed DM wad again to no avail.
Confirmed 32k FAT32 Active 1st partition (where games directory is), NTFS second partition. Running from Wiiflow r506.
All games tested are confirmed working games (with DML) converted with GCReEx 2b.
I assume there will be no suggestions as it seems drive compatibility has some way to go, from what I'm reading.
Will be great when it's a bit more stable (and working at all, for some of us!). Thanks for the efforts crediar.

I have this same problem with a WD Elements drive and I think it's cause it spinds down after a certain amount of time causing this issue and error messages at times.....researched and there is no way on this drive to disable the spindown or sleep timer, whatever you call it......my guess is Dios Mios needs some kind of pinger or watchdog to keep drives active for such drives that you can't disable the sleep timer......guess this has been done with wii game usb support just maybe not done with dios mios........think a watchdog has to be added in the cios or loader, or cmios to get this working......someone correct me if wrong....

pigrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, I have problem when loading Fire Emblem: path of radiance with dml. I have posted this in the original post at
http://gbatemp.net/t.../page__st__4245
Sorry for spamming the same question here.
My wii is a 3.2u Korean version. Installed dml 1.4, and cfg usbloader 70 mod 32. I have GC memory card and joystick connected to the wii, and a wii game disc in the tray. So I have closed both NoDisc and NMM options. The tool I used to extract GC iso is GCReEx (I should used it for dml 1.4, right?). The SD card was formatted with FAT32 and I have copied the extracted files to sd:\games\ directory.
I have the game in cfg usbloader, and after pressing "start", the GC loader 0.4 screen pops up, several lines of console output, and the last line I can read is "loading mail.dol [***********]", then it just go to a black screen and I have to close wii. I cannot hear game audio at this point.
The image I used was PAL version. I guessed black screen may caused by video mode, so I tried to modify video settings to "force pal", "force pal 60" and "force pal 480p" in cfg usbloader, but none worked
I have tried to used NTSC-USA and NTSC-J version images with default, "force ntsc" and "force ntsc 480p", but still black screen.
I have tried to turn nodisc on and off, still no use.

Any idea what might be the problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well no matter what I try, DM (update 2) will not work for me on a WD My Passport 1TB (usb2 version). DML worked fine for me and had to go back.
Either get "area! al error app_entry is not within apploader" with disc in, or "Fatal error apploader size is zero" without disc, over the top of the DM screen.
Confirmed 32k FAT32 Active 1st partition (where games directory is), NTFS second partition. Running from Wiiflow r506.
All games tested are confirmed working games (with DML) converted with GCReEx 2b.
I assume there will be no suggestions as it seems drive compatibility has some way to go, from what I'm reading.
Will be great when it's a bit more stable (and working at all, for some of us!). Thanks for the efforts crediar.

I have this same problem with a WD Elements drive and I think it's cause it spinds down after a certain amount of time causing this issue and error messages at times.....researched and there is no way on this drive to disable the spindown or sleep timer, whatever you call it......my guess is Dios Mios needs some kind of pinger or watchdog to keep drives active for such drives that you can't disable the sleep timer......guess this has been done with wii game usb support just maybe not done with dios mios........think a watchdog has to be added in the cios or loader, or cmios to get this working......someone correct me if wrong....
With the My Passport versions I have (I've got a lot of them) there was a utility released by WD to rectify that because there were so many complaints.
I think this was the link I used...http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/WD-My-Passport-spinsdown-coolsdown-sleeps-after-10-seconds/td-p/110316
Hasn't been a problem with Wiiflow since I did that.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too can confirm that DM seems to have compatibility issues with HDs that autosleep. I have a Transcend StoreJet that autosleeps after 10 minutes and for which AFAIK the autosleep can't be disabled--if it can, it might be a per-initialize thing. If I play a game, like say Super Mario Sunshine, the game works fine normally, including saves--this is without nodisc or nmm, btw. But if I'm in an area for a long enough time (say, over 10 minutes), then trying to transition to another area causes problems. Specifically, the game won't be able to detect the memory card (if it's trying to save at that point), the game will give the generic "there was an error" message just like if there were a disc read error, and the HD will spin up. I presume this is an issue in all games, although it probably is a lot less apparent in games that are frequently loading new areas. :/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is the thread called "(lite)" ?
This topic is supposed to cover both DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite v2.0+ advancement.

The other Lite has been unpinned, but is still open.
We will eventually close the other one, and keep only one topic for DM(L) when there will be new DML v2.0 release. until then, the older topic is covering the old DML1.5.

The parenthesis denote that it's an option DM or DML, written DM(L).

Reactions: 2 people

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You must run them uncompressed, I have edited my post. They are NTSC but all the PAL games I have tried to run can be fixed by forcing ntsc.

Thanks. My uncompressed rip of Metroid Prime 2 was not working either. However, the game works now after running it through fstfix 1.5f. DiscEX was not able to repair the ISO. Not sure why it was not working before, as it was a full-size dump.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Working (requires clean, uncompressed ISO)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
POP Warior within works uncompressed.

Anyway, did any of you compare twilight princess wii vs gamecube in progressive scan , standard ratio?
Gamecube version looks significantly better. a lot less blurry.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to load cheats?
Cheats work fine for using fix94's dml booter. I put the gct file for the game I want to cheat into it's gameid folder where the game.ISO is located.

This method is confirmed working with DML but not with DM , is this an update needed to DM or the Loaders?
"Gameid.gct" must be the same id as ur game, inside the folder where the game.iso is .
the codes still don't load up

AleX_XelA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

With the My Passport versions I have (I've got a lot of them) there was a utility released by WD to rectify that because there were so many complaints.
I think this was the link I used...http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/WD-My-Passport-spinsdown-coolsdown-sleeps-after-10-seconds/td-p/110316
Hasn't been a problem with Wiiflow since I did that.

I have a WD My Passport as well and get the same errors (although the first error appears when there's no CD in the tray, and the "apploader size is zero" when a disc is inserted).
I am guessing Dios Mios can't properly load ISOs from WD HDD... I installed Melee with DiscEx -c, perhaps uncompressed it might work better.
What set-ups did you try for GC games?

rainbowvegas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to load cheats?

Yes the same method works for me using dios mios 2.0

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a WD My Passport as well and get the same errors (although the first error appears when there's no CD in the tray, and the "apploader size is zero" when a disc is inserted).
I am guessing Dios Mios can't properly load ISOs from WD HDD...
DIOS MIOS is working here with WD Elements 1 TB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...