Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
DM and DML already have NMM support.
You need to enable it in the loader's settings, and remove the memory card from the Console (or else it will use the MC instead of NMM).

Unfortunately, some games doesn't work with NMM.
Luigi's Mansion (USA at least) is one of these games.

You can check here :
http://crediar.no-ip.com/gc/

I've looked at the list and it's not terrible but, it does lack saving on some very fun games... Just gonna wait and see how things turn out before migrating to vWii.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys, I have a question:
Why do some games only work using CFG and other only work if I use USB GX?
I mean, they both use Dios Mios, right?
The core functionality is the same, what changes is an "upper layer" in the architecture, am I right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you says "only works", it means the game doesn't boot at all, you have an error displayed, or crash at some random time?

The loader set the game's config that DM will use in memory (like game path, NMM, padhook, etc.), It does the same with GC language and GC video mode in Sram, then launch BC, which take care of booting the Boot2 and MIOS once the wii is in Gamecube Mode.
If there's a difference, it's based in the settings. Maybe the video mode and patches? The loaders doesn't use the same video mode (and USBGX probably still have wrong video mode)

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you have DM and DML installed at the same time? Is there a way in wiiflow to choose which Dios Mios you're using too? Like can you go in the wiiflow ini and specify if you're using lite or no lite?

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When you says "only works", it means the game doesn't boot at all, you have an error displayed, or crash at some random time?

The loader set the game's config that DM will use in memory (like game path, NMM, padhook, etc.), It does the same with GC language and GC video mode in Sram, then launch BC, which take care of booting the Boot2 and MIOS once the wii is in Gamecube Mode.
If there's a difference, it's based in the settings. Maybe the video mode and patches? The loaders doesn't use the same video mode (and USBGX probably still have wrong video mode)
I get a black screen on my TV, no sound and the TV brand on, like when it has no signal.
I know, it must be video settings, since I have a PAL wii on a PAL TV and I´m using those 6 or 7 cables, I never know if those are the composite or component ones...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Can you have DM and DML installed at the same time? Is there a way in wiiflow to choose which Dios Mios you're using too? Like can you go in the wiiflow ini and specify if you're using lite or no lite?
No, they replace MIOS and there's only one MIOS slot.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Ive been away for a few months. Meanwhile, this thread walked like, 20 pages forward!

What´s the newest version of Dios Mios?

(i even forgot how to install it, but ill look for this info)

Brian Cox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I must have used DIOS-MIOS lite and transferred some of my Gameboy Games to the SSD card. Now my SSD is full. Is there anyway to move the games to the hard drive or atleast put new GameBoy games on the hard drive? The only option is lets me choose now is SD and not USB. Thanks.

Brian Cox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. I use Wiiflow. On Wii games, I can choose SD for USB. GB Games, only SD is an option. I even took DIOS MIOS lite off and put the full one on, and same thing. I'm new to this - I was amazed when the Wii games worked perfectly, then I had to get greedy ;)

B_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!!
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME I`VE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM.

I`ve installed Dios Mios and went to boot DVD intially when I loaded it up through HB with my original GC disc inside.
Now when I start my console and use an original GC or Wii game the console freezes before I have clicked on the orginal disc channel and sometimes when it crashes makes a noise sound?
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN FIX THIS PLEASE? :S

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!!
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME I`VE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM.

I`ve installed Dios Mios and went to boot DVD intially when I loaded it up through HB with my original GC disc inside.
Now when I start my console and use an original GC or Wii game the console freezes before I have clicked on the orginal disc channel and sometimes when it crashes makes a noise sound?
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN FIX THIS PLEASE? :S
It seems you installed something wrong, I wish i could help but I'm not much of an expert, all I can say is try to boot bootmii and see if you can install your old nand again.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I cannot understand why he would install DM if his intent was to run original disc games (at least his post was pretty hard to understand). The Wii does that out of the box.

putnam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here compiled the latest version of DM and gotten it to run successfully? I have no problems with the 2.10 release, which appears to be at the latest svn rev in the repo, but if I compile it and try to patch MIOS/build a wad it doesn't work (just boots to a black screen when I launch a game).

I just wrote a patch adding GPT support (so you can use one big 4TB hard drive for GC+Wii games, just put a fat32 partition up front for Gamecube stuff) but I can't test it without being able to run the compiled DM on my Wii. Side note: I also had to patch out some noob-proofing in USB Loader GX that rejects drives without MBR.

My process so far has been:
- Compile DM (not DML), trunk r40 with no patches (OK). I'm using the latest devkitPro to compile and seemingly have my environment setup properly.
- Take the output "iosmodule.elf", rename it to "DML.elf", throw it in with "DML WAD Creator 0.9" and generate a WAD.
- Uninstall official release WAD, install new WAD.
- Result: when I try to launch a game I get a black screen and never see the splash. It works totally fine with the 2.10 release which should be the exact same code I'm compiling.

I've also tried a more manual WAD creation process where I unpacked the 2.10 release WAD and used fixelfmod to patch 00000001.app with iosmodule.elf, then repack, and had the same result.

Anyone have any ideas? It seems like maybe my output ELF is not actually functional, and maybe there's something different that I need to setup in my build environment?

(Holy crap, account alive for over 7 years and this is my first post)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Has anyone here compiled the latest version of DM and gotten it to run successfully? I have no problems with the 2.10 release, which appears to be at the latest svn rev in the repo, but if I compile it and try to patch MIOS/build a wad it doesn't work (just boots to a black screen when I launch a game).

I just wrote a patch adding GPT support (so you can use one big 4TB hard drive for GC+Wii games, just put a fat32 partition up front for Gamecube stuff) but I can't test it without being able to run the compiled DM on my Wii. Side note: I also had to patch out some noob-proofing in USB Loader GX that rejects drives without MBR.

My process so far has been:
- Compile DM (not DML), trunk r40 with no patches (OK). I'm using the latest devkitPro to compile and seemingly have my environment setup properly.
- Take the output "iosmodule.elf", rename it to "DML.elf", throw it in with "DML WAD Creator 0.9" and generate a WAD.
- Uninstall official release WAD, install new WAD.
- Result: when I try to launch a game I get a black screen and never see the splash. It works totally fine with the 2.10 release which should be the exact same code I'm compiling.

I've also tried a more manual WAD creation process where I unpacked the 2.10 release WAD and used fixelfmod to patch 00000001.app with iosmodule.elf, then repack, and had the same result.

Anyone have any ideas? It seems like maybe my output ELF is not actually functional, and maybe there's something different that I need to setup in my build environment?

(Holy crap, account alive for over 7 years and this is my first post)
"DML WAD Creator 0.9" actually is only meant to work with any DML version BEFORE v1.0 (r59mod and before) so that's where you're problem for the first method is, at least. "DML WAD Creator 0.9" uses fixelf (not mod) to inject the iosmodule.elf into a clean MIOS v10 WAD and versions of DM(L) after v1.0 don't use Nintendo MIOS code anymore.

Your second method, though, sounds like the correct one. I'm not sure why you're getting the same results, though.

putnam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"DML WAD Creator 0.9" actually is only meant to work with any DML version BEFORE v1.0 (r59mod and before) so that's where you're problem for the first method is, at least. "DML WAD Creator 0.9" uses fixelf (not mod) to inject the iosmodule.elf into a clean MIOS v10 WAD and versions of DM(L) after v1.0 don't use Nintendo MIOS code anymore.

Your second method, though, sounds like the correct one. I'm not sure why you're getting the same results, though.

Thanks for the info. That eliminates another variable. I went ahead and re-tried the "proper" method but still no dice. Black screen on launch. I used fixelfmod to insert a vanilla trunk r40 compiled version of DM, then rebuilt the WAD with the packer included in libWiiSharp. Made sure to uninstall old version before installing this WAD.

I'm curious of someone else's process of compiling trunk as it sits today and how they get it working on their Wii. If I can just get trunk working I'm sure my patch won't be a problem.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it works, I'll modify USBGX to allow GPT too.
I can convert the errors into warnings and still allow game launching, though it will be annoying to see the warnings each times (or I can add a "I'm still a noob, don't let me do anything wrong" setting, I mean a "don't show warnings" settings)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan I been thinking if Crediar releases Nintendont and it proves to be a good alternate for Dios Mios and Devolution will you remove the codes for those two or will you keep them just in case? I hope you plan on keeping Dios Mios at least for I'm worried of the compatibility of Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1