Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are looking for the link to download DML2.2, it's on the DIOS MIOS page, they are both at the same place:
http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
@wiibricker I see your point and I'm an avid ModMii supporter and user, plus I'm sure other people write their own scripts as well, but is it that frustrating to just re-direct to his rapidgator link instead? Either way if it bothers people that much they'll do whatever they need to do, I agree with you there, but honestly why not respect the devs wishes and just work with the issue rather than around it ;)

Edit: On another note I have PSO I & II, and I think it's the right version, I remember reading there were some specifics that needed to be met to play the game. Can anyone refresh my memory. I mostly use GCReEx but I dunno if I need to convert the ISO with DiscEx, have a disc in the drive or not, options like padhook on/off that kind of thing.

I'm using DM 2.2 (7-20-12) and have had success with every game I've tried thus far, finally updated from DML 1.5 today.. It's been a long time coming but I didn't want to face the dissapointment if my HDD wasn't compatible and lo' and behold everything is working super quick and pristine clear. I love DM, thanks Crediar, Skold, Sangor and whoever else might be involved with this amazing app. You guys rock and I hope donations continue abound.

Have you had any games that don't work for you, from DML to DM?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used GcReEX for just about everything, just ran into my first game that isn't working for me. BMX XXX, not important though lol, however I just like to get things to work so I'm going to try out whatever few video options I have left than the ISO without any game conversion, hopefully it works.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've used GcReEX for just about everything, just ran into my first game that isn't working for me. BMX XXX, not important though lol, however I just like to get things to work so I'm going to try out whatever few video options I have left than the ISO without any game conversion, hopefully it works.

BMXXX doesn't work for me either, I used DiscEX and it just black screens. NTSC version.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

I find DiscEX works better on DM for some reason. For example, skies of arcadia will freeze on trying to do any shopping and paper mario will freeze on pressing start if I use GcReEX for them yet DiscEx works fine. Of course you could switch to a solid state hard drive but that's kind of expensive just to keep using GcReEX.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no one answered my question... does the new 2.2 version of DML still have the sd reading card problems of the other versions after r59?. Basically will it work with any sd card again

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
no one answered my question... does the new 2.2 version of DML still have the sd reading card problems of the other versions after r59?. Basically will it work with any sd card again
Yes, I think the new DM lite 2.2 has improved the SD card compatibility.
(at least for mine)
One of my SD cards used to need to load a disc in the drive with previous
DM lite(ex:DM lite v1.5). But with this new v2.2 ,I don't need to load a disc anymore.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
btw, I see that DM(l) doesn't support disc swapping. Will this be supported in future versions or is it not possible due to a limiation on how DM(l) works?
It should be added some time in the future. In the code there's already what seems to be a way for the loaders to tell it to load a second disk but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything yet.
no one answered my question... does the new 2.2 version of DML still have the sd reading card problems of the other versions after r59?. Basically will it work with any sd card again?
I don't think anyone's tried yet. I don't have a problematic SD card so I can't test it.
If you are one of those that had a non-compatible SD card, go ahead and try it. I don't think it takes THAT long to install the new WAD, run DM(L) booter with the 2.2+ setting and then install the old WAD again if it doesn't work. It would be interesting to know what happens.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to play GUN with DML, it was last reported working on r44, any one have a copy of the old .elf file, I can build the WAD myself. NVM I had it tucked away ;)

On another note I have PSO I & II, and I think it's the right version, I remember reading there were some specifics that needed to be met to play the game. Can anyone refresh my memory. I mostly use GCReEx but I dunno if I need to convert the ISO with DiscEx, have a disc in the drive or not, options like padhook on/off that kind of thing.

I'm using DM 2.2 (7-20-12) and have had success with every game I've tried thus far, finally updated from DML 1.5 today.. It's been a long time coming but I didn't want to face the dissapointment if my HDD wasn't compatible and lo' and behold everything is working super quick and pristine clear. I love DM, thanks Crediar, Skold, Sangor and whoever else might be involved with this amazing app. You guys rock and I hope donations continue abound.
I see now why the question was ignored for several users, I overlooked such an important, basic and vital place to look up this kind of information... The compatability list! :ha: My apologies for the wasted post lol.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
GUN(GUME52) works with the new DM lite 2.2+CFG mod r37 + a disc in the drive.

But it doesn't work with DM 2.2 (no matter w/ or w/o a disc in the drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)