well, then lets talk about the important things
smile.gif

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if DML is compatible with SSBM? There's plenty of hacks available for the game and it'd be nice to not have to burn a DVD for every hack.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
W hat said:
Anyone know if DML is compatible with SSBM? There's plenty of hacks available for the game and it'd be nice to not have to burn a DVD for every hack.
Nobody knows yet, afaik.

So...
BestDemot_1339.jpg
Personally, I don't need DIOS-MIOS Lite, since I actually own the few good GC-Games. Also, everyone that bitches and moans about an release is probably just a cheap pirate, too cheap to buy an SD Gecko, a WODE, or the legit games, imo.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
G0dLiKe said:
PsyBlade said:
Why would someone give cryptic hints but not like people talking about them
blink.gif
It´s not crediar who dont like people talking bout dml, its the mods here
If I had problems with the members discussing this, I'd have already closed this thread. So, don't point fingers around like that.
wink.gif

I've closed the previous threads because the leak was in it somehow or because they were just asking the same questions over and over.

As long as the discussion is civil, and nobody talks/wants the leak, feel free to discuss about it.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shakes fist at wiipower* always gotta tease it?

gamecube loading is cool, and i want it from sd, but at the same time i doubt i will play it with it much.

its just amazing that crediar can figure shit like this out.

ps what happened to broadon? i was wondering why i havent got any text updates in a while and i found out today its deleted...

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:

gamecube loading is cool, and i want it from sd, but at the same time i doubt i will play it with it much.

ps what happened to broadon? i was wondering why i havent got any text updates in a while and i found out today its deleted...
he switched his twitter to crediar at some point.

Wonder why backup loading from sd is more feasible than hdd. Wonder if it has to do with seek times and what not.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
VashTS said:

Wonder why backup loading from sd is more feasible than hdd. Wonder if it has to do with seek times and what not.
because the usb ports completely shut down with no power when Wii enters gamecube mode.( though my thinking is just add a hot wire to usb ports, but then this could fry them.).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's using sd cards, because it's easier to access in general, and there's some register magic that allows to use sd cards under certain circumstances. While i think he does not know which registers to change in which way to get the same for usb loading(if that's possible at all if another question). Well i think there might be a memory issue for usb loading as well, but right now he has plenty of it, so i'm not sure.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Fishaman P said:
nightwaxon said:
This is never coming. Hyped to the N'th degree, a load of stinky geeky bullshit.
That's what everyone said about the original DIOS-MIOS.

So basically, DML is a GC-SD loader? Instead of USB?

Basically it redirects DVD calls in GC mode to the front SD slot. The loader is SNEEK or actually Nintendos System Menu.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
nano351 said:
VashTS said:

because the usb ports completely shut down with no power when Wii enters gamecube mode.( though my thinking is just add a hot wire to usb ports, but then this could fry them.).

crediar was able to get backup loading from usb to work but it was rather buggy but a few games were playable to some extent but overall it was very unstable and incompatible with most games.

QUOTE(Fishaman P @ Jul 18 2011, 01:53 PM) QUOTE(nightwaxon @ Jul 17 2011, 02:53 AM)
This is never coming. Hyped to the N'th degree, a load of stinky geeky bullshit.
That's what everyone said about the original DIOS-MIOS.

So basically, DML is a GC-SD loader? Instead of USB?
yep

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all you people saying its useless to be posting these, adn people should stop, YOU guys are adding to the flames, posting here, adn you guys came to look. Why dont you just stay out and ignore it if it bothers you so much god. And back on topic....

Yeah I remember his usb one, I was hoping for more progress on that one, it would have made my day
biggrin.gif
But I have my dvds with my games on them, so I can live without it ^^

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any chance of seeing this being redirected to work through USB once this is developed? SD loading is nice but USB is more convient for holding more storage than your everyday SD and it would be nice to have your entire GC library on a Backup drive.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
So is there any chance of seeing this being redirected to work through USB once this is developed? SD loading is nice but USB is more convient for holding more storage than your everyday SD and it would be nice to have your entire GC library on a Backup drive.

You really need to google more seeing how this has been discussed a shitload in the past month.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to the final release. Even though some idiot botched the beta and leaked it, we still have the full version to look forward to. I've been looking for an excuse to trash my burned gamecube games for a while.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
RemixDeluxe said:

You really need to google more seeing how this has been discussed a shitload in the past month.

Im really sorry I dont keep up with the scene as much as others do. Is the concept not concrete because of compatibility issues? I'm sorry if I angered anyone.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
RemixDeluxe said:
crwys said:
RemixDeluxe said:

Im really sorry I dont keep up with the scene as much as others do. Is the concept not concrete because of compatibility issues? I'm sorry if I angered anyone.

It is actually fairly simple. The wii has two main memory regions, MEM1 and MEM2. The Gamecube also has two, normal RAM and ARAM. USB loading requires using MEM2 but Gamecube games also need MEM2 to use for ARAM. Presumably SD loading uses less of MEM2 making it possible to fit both the SD loading stuff and ARAM "emulation" in MEM2.

It is similar to why you can't use more than 3GB of RAM in 32 bit Windows, even though you should be able to use 4GB. The reason you can't use more than 3GB is that your video card, sound card, network card, and other hardware sits between 3GB and 4GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes