Dingoo

Discussion in 'Dingoo & Gemei' started by Kalisiin, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009

Dingoo by Kalisiin at 8:02 PM (1,829 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kalisiin
    OP

Member Kalisiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am using the "Complete Idot's Guide To Installing Dingux" and I guess I'm worse than a complete idiot, because I am stuck.

I think I must have the China Chip...because, when I first hooked up to USB, I saw that come up. So says the guide...

4. Plug in your A320. If a "new hardware found" dialog shows up, select "No, not at this time", and when you're asked for a driver location use the directory that you unpacked the dual boot files. The driver should successfully install (if it does not, see “Driver Troubleshooting” below). When the drivers have installed, you are ready to flash! Got to Flash firmware..

5. If the "new hardware found" dialog doesn't show up, that means you have the ChinaChip drivers installed. You have to uninstall them. Open the hardware manager dialog, find the device, right click on it and select "uninstall". Unplug your A320 and go to step 4.

Here's my problem, though...

I can go to the Hardware manager, no problem. But I don't know how to find the device...I don't know what it is listed as, and I don't see ANYTHING called "Dingoo" or even "A320"

I don't know what to therefore uninstall.

Jesus christ, this stuff makes me feel like a super dumbass.

At least I DID manage to figure out how to get the menus back into Endlish on my own, by holding the Chinese User Manual up against the English printed version....counting down the bullet points...and from that, guessing which Chinese ideographs represented the word "Language" and then going from there, I was able to get the thing back into English. LOL

So maybe not a total dumbass, but still, pretty close.

I'm banging my brains out trying to figure out how to get the Linux thing in....that way I can, of course dual boot.

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Ok try this. With only only the Dingoo plugged into your USB ports, go to safely remove hardware. Right click that and you should see one usb mass storage device. Thats the Dingoo. Right click it, select properties, then go to the driver tab and select uninstall. When that happens the Dingoo should act likes its been unplugged from your PC. Then you know you have uninstalled it.

Hope that helps.

3. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll try it.

Incidentally, does this mean EVERYTHING that goes into USB ports, like printer, game controller, keyboard...ANYTHING...so that the Dingoo is the ONLY thing in ANY USB port?

I know it sounds stupid, but it would be hard to do this, without, say, a mouse...LOL

4. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Just remove anything that may show up as a mass storage device and you will be fine lol

5. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    OK, thanks.
    Will do that.

6. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    WAHOOOOOO!!!!

I actually managed it!! I got Dingux installed!

Man, oh man...this stuff really makes ya feel like a moron, though, when you're muddling thru the instructions, hoping like hell you aren't screwing something up!!

Thanks, P1ngy!!

NOW...I see there's some emulators built into Dingux, which is cool...should we just use the native Dingoo OS for things like NES and GBA or what? Or would you recommend some different emulator, and put it on the Dingux OS?

Basically, in short, what emulators do you recommend, P1ngy, since you've been using the Dingoo for a while?

And which OS does each that you recommend go on, Original, or Dingux?

This would be helpful in determining how I'm going to set mine up.

But I'm ready to rock and roll now!!

EDIT: Meanwhile, been setting up my files for MAME4ALL....pretty awesome. Not all of them work, even thoguh they are in the games list...probably incompatible ROMS. no biggie. I could try to convert them...or find the compatible ROMS elsewheres....or just not even bother with some games.

If I wind up with at least 50 really good MAME games out of this, I'm gonna be majorly happy.

The only problem I seem to have with Dingux is....once you start up using Dingux instead of the native firmware....the "power off" switch doesn't work, anymore, and you have to get a pin and hit the little "reset" button, and reset it, have it boot the original firmware...THEN it will respond to the "power off" button.

Unless someone knows some other way....