Dingoo A320 64MB RAM Mod

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jun 4, 2010.

Jun 4, 2010

Dingoo A320 64MB RAM Mod by Another World at 6:39 AM (2,999 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    Dingoo A320 64MB RAM Mod
    Hardware Hacking News
    [​IMG]

The porter of the A330 build of Dingux has mod'ed the Dingoo A320 to use 64MB of RAM. She has posted a full guide on her site, linked below. This is not a mod for the faint of heart! Check out the guide and post your comments in the discussion thread.

[​IMG] Guide
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i saw this before
    pretty much kills off all reason to get a 330 except for the wireless controller
    hopefuly they do more with the ram and make this upgrade or the 330 worth getting

3. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the official team has not published an upgrade to their software since the first dingoo a320 shipped. dingux is using the 64 mb of ram, but right now there are no published enhancements. have faith, they are planning for bigger and better ROM support through the 64 mb of ram and dingux emulators. if only they are able to use the tv-out chip! the a330 can only support 1 wireless controller due to a hardware limitation, but dingux 64 mb and tv-out would be worth the price when you consider how many systems the dingoo emulates (over 35).

there really is no point to get the a330 unless the dingux port starts to support more systems at full speed (psx comes to mind). we will all have to wait and see what the homebrew devs come up with.

-another world

4. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Got a question...

Does Dingoo have a built-in Video Processor in CPU? Much like ARM9 from DS (emulated) ?

Or have another separate video chip processor? (a dedicated GPU)

However, PSX uses software render to draw things so PSX EMU could be possible ... but along a lot of effort and excellent & clean code.

Just had that in mind, since a friend bought a Dingoo A320 recently.

5. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I really doubt that this little bit of extra ram is going to do much. Better emulator optimization would undoubtedly make more of a difference.

6. dragon574444

Member dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks awesome, this is the type of stuff I love. Of course, I don't even own a Dingoo!

7. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    What I would love is an OS for both the Dingoo & Pandora that is very minimalistic, doesn't run linux & is a developer's heaven. Why? It would boot fast & look good..