Dingoo a-320

Discussion in 'Dingoo & Gemei' started by Another World, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009

Dingoo a-320 by Another World at 5:53 AM (3,235 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i'm curious if anyone has orderd a dingoo yet and what their impressions are of the device.

for more info: http://pdroms.de/news/16685/

cheers,
    -another world

2. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    There are so many of these kinds of things, it's probably the same device with a different name compared to all the others.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    From what I've heard, it's among the top of it's class, and does NeS/GB/GBA well, but it's terrible at SNES/Genesis games, mostly due to the emulator. DealExtreme has 'em for about $83, though.

5. Geezuzkhrist119

Member Geezuzkhrist119 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i hear the snes and gen emu runs a like 80% speed
    is that tru?

6. DSAndi

Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I got one since a few weeks.
    Its like a GB micro, slim and looks good.
    Got a build in lithium batterie and 4 gig memory plus a mini SD slot that support SDHC. Im using micros SD cards with a mini SD adapter and works well.
    The screen is really good the build in speakers are ok but using headphones is better.
    The D pad is ok but doin moves like down, down forward, forward is very hard with it.
    The movie playback is kinda awesome u dont need to resize your Movie files and a lot formats are supportet, divx, real player, flashmovies ect.
    Music well its like a MP3 player showing most infos and some equiliser, one thing it does you can also sort the music after Group name or CD name. You also have different EQ modes.
    The Radio works well without the headphones attached to the Dingoo. It also got different setup for different countrys.
    Its also possible to record from radio.
    If you like ebooks you you can also read em with music or radio running in the background.

For Emulation i must say so far i testet Neo-Geo, genesis, SNES, and CPS 1 & 2 games also one GBA game that was deliverd with the dingoo.
    The Neo Geo emulation is good but not perfect. It has slowdowns and some games have grafic glitches but you can play 90% of the games well.
    CPS 1 & 2 emulation is good near perfect. Some games have grafic glitches all time some have at different stages. You also have some slowdowns now and then. Some shooters are displayed from left to right so you need to turn your dingoo.
    GBA Emulation seems good but only testet one game.
    SNES emulation well its bad its to slow and same goes for Genesis emulation. If they release better emulators it would be better i think.
    Some 3d Games also came with the dingoo i did try 7 days that worked fine.
    Most emulators also have setup guis so you can change some settings, remap buttons and other stuff ( some offer realtimesave ).
    There are also some homebrew emulators out yet for different systems. If u need help check www.dingoo-digital.com.

For me its really a nice thing to have. Listening to music watching movies or play some arcade games now and then is cool.
    The TV out is a cool feature. What i like most is the fact it takes all movie files i tryed yet without need to resize them.

As for the gaming aspect its not that great yet but for music and movies its perfect.

7. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I'd buy it if I had the extra money. Use it to play all my media and stuff. It would be very useful to me.

8. 1NOOB

Member 1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  9. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Yeah Ive ordered one of DX. From what I hear GBA emulation is perfect, SNES and Genesis both are a little slow. CPS and Neo Geo run well depending on the rom, and nes should be perfect obviously. Theres is a community working on it so hopefully snes and genesis can be improved, and some more emulators made for it. They have already created custom firmwares which can overclock the cpu too, which elps with a few snes and genesis games.

Media wise, like a poster above me said, is very impressive. It plays all formats pretty much even RM and .flv files.

I just checked my order status with DX, it should be shipped out of Hong Kong in the next few days, I may write a review of it when I get it.

10. Dingoo

Newcomer Dingoo Member

United Kingdom
    No, it's based on the Gemei X760, a popular Chinese PMP (portable media player). The A320 is a redesign, optimised for gaming.

11. Dingoo

Newcomer Dingoo Member

United Kingdom
    Yes
    :-(

but there's a Linux port, and a better SNES emulator for that, which runs close to 100%
    :-D

It's not that all games run slow - it depends on the game. Plus, there are frameskip options.

12. kalmis

Member kalmis GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Few questions. Does it come with the video-out cable or do you need to buy that separately? Also is the size exactly like GBA Micro? Because buttons on Micro don't suit my fingers.
    I must never heard of this console before but that video function sounds really good and the price is not too bad.

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    [​IMG]

14. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    open sdk too...nice to homebrew on... this would also make a nice christmas present (for those who celebrate) of gift for someones b-day, maybe they will go on sale before november [​IMG] but the price as it stands right now isn't to bad.

15. -KangaRod-

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    When it boils right down to it, what else do you need other than GBA emulation?

16. kalmis

Member kalmis GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Well the video-out function is quite attracting, at least for me

17. Dingoo

Newcomer Dingoo Member

United Kingdom
    The video out cable is included as standard. Have a look on our site - we describe what is included in the box, and we also have an FAQ which you might like to read.

18. Dingoo

Newcomer Dingoo Member

United Kingdom
    The video-out feature works pretty well - it's via a composite cable, so it's not SCART quality - but it's easily good enough for the retro games people generally like to run on the Dingoo A320. It gives an authentic feel that you just can't get from an emulator running on a computer monitor.

The console can output both 50Hz and 60Hz (PAL or NTSC), and the video frequency is independent of the 'region' of the ROM being played - e.g. you can have an NTSC Mega Drive game running at 60Hz, but being displayed at 50Hz on a PAL TV.

We have answers to a lot of questions like this on our FAQ - www.dingoo888.co.uk/faq.html