404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i have released an Alpha Sneak Peek of my custom system menu. As both an Alpha and a sneak peek their may be some small artifacts (only one known of and its already been fixed for the Beta Sneak Peek) Suggestions and Comments may be left over on the softmii forum as I'm probably going to be mostly over there for the next few days answering questions about this. This version not only has the health screen and press a text customized it also comes with a custom cursor and some other goodies that i will leave for you to discover for yourself. Head on over to softmii.com to get it.
Note this is in no way intended to compete with or replace fors upcoming CSM as his CSM from what i understand will be a whole other ball game.

Almost forgot this comes in both NTSC and PAL flavors
smile.gif

To download goto Softmii.com click on the image to proceed to the forums, goto the health screen forum and pick the thread for your version (pal or ntsc) Click on the image that says Dig's CSM Alpha and your download will begin. And NO you do not have to sign up to download.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good lord, thanks bl4zed....I looked at that stupid image at least 30 times and never took into account I could click on the damn thing and download it! GEEZ!

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
good lord, thanks bl4zed....I looked at that stupid image at least 30 times and never took into account I could click on the damn thing and download it! GEEZ!
lol no problem

@DD: pretty cool dude, the image of the disc in disc channel looks a bit blurry but that's the only thing i noticed... can't wait to see what you have in store for the beta now
smile.gif

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, 2 questions and I'm sorry if I am totally stupid on these so please forgive me:

1. where can I get an original untouched 00000042.app from since this will install over it right? So that I can remove CSM??

2. and I only base this off of instructions I read for Softmii, but isn't 42 for NTSC and 45 for PAL? because when I download the NTSC version of CSM, inside the folder is a file labeled "00000045.APP" and I thought it would be "00000042.APP"

Thanks again guys/gals!

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the rate we are going now, I think fors' will be old news when it comes out....not sure how much more his could do that this one and softmii isn't doing....but that's just me and I don't really know what to expect with fors CSM.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
dam theres to much stuff comeing out that does the same stuff, GBATEMP MODS/ADMINs, can we get a release area please? so that devs can release stuff, maybe get a list of current mainstream devs on here give them a sticky thread wth title like EG "DIGs releases//Custom menu//UPDATE 30/01/2009" something like that for the few "main" devs on here then just allowe others to post there stuff in there aslong as theres actualy something to download. sorry was a little off topic but yea...
anyway this sounds cool, im not up for signing up to sign up to something else lol, mirror maybe?

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second this. It is getting more and more confusing to follow the development every day.
I think there should be a section for releases AND detailed information/explanation of every release, since one crosses new terms and names almost every day and it's kind of hard to stay up to date (without having to study every time there is a new software release)!

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far not impressed as it just appears to be health screens. Once they have video that would be cool.

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To all who asked. you don't have to sign up to access the download, it is in the public healthscreen forum. NTSC is under NTSC PAL is under PAL
smile.gif

And for those who dont like typing here is a link to Softmii
Follow the link to the forums. Once a decent front page is done there will be links on the main page instead of in the forums.

I went with CSM for a name because This is the first truly Custom System Menu to be released. One fors releases i'll rename it to something else. In the meantime CSM is mine, lol

Anyone having the original healthscreen, sorry i forgot to change the healthscreen for non ENG users. Already taken care of for the next release.

Yeah the disc channel pixelation has already been addressed for the next peek/release. but sharp eyes there
smile.gif

Someone who's downloaded and used this, if you can take a few screen shots for me and post them to the thread, my camera is shit and the images it takes just don't do the menu justice
smile.gif

Ok now its back to working on more changes and checking in over at softmii.com

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yep, Screenshots would be nice
biggrin.gif
. Anyways, I'm shure that you've done a good job, digitydogs.

Well, I also would love to start on a custom Menu-Look (only at the Images, no repack), but I have a question in this point: Could you please tell me where the files are located in the .wad? There's so many directories...should I search in the 000...01.app?

Many Thanks in Advance, and keep it going
biggrin.gif
!!!

Elias843

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow this is brilliant, just tested it out. Can't wait for the real thing, btw nice system menu message
yaynds.gif

Although the disc channel is a little buggy, the rest of it is very nice.
Well Done!

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Creating a video as we speak, will be posted shortly. Oh and to the person who said this is just a health screen change, maybe you should try installing it before you speak, as not only have the healthscreens been changes but so have the cursors, several backgrounds, text, etc.

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Creating a video as we speak, will be posted shortly. Oh and to the person who said this is just a health screen change, maybe you should try installing it before you speak, as not only have the healthscreens been changes but so have the cursors, several backgrounds, text, etc.

Dude, I was that person that said this. I am not going to be stupid and install something that is Alpha with out a detailed readme/walk through. It would ne nice to have some pic's if not just the health screen. Even better video showing it off. I will be looking forward to the video.

Also, people need to know are there any issues with CIOS,Preloader, Riskimod, etc.

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is just a menu graphics change, fully stable and causes no issues with anything else. it is installed exactly the same way as a app health screen. Therefore no brick risk. The video will be coming shortly it was late when i released and i was too tired to bother with screen shots or video at that point. I'll post back when the video is ready

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1