Difficulty with "Section VI - Finalizing setup" following pialect's guide on an O3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Magee, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Magee
    OP

Magee Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    1. Reboot while holding Start to launch Hourglass9
    2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select “Health&Safety Inject”
    3. Select hs.app (the original one that doesn’t contain FBI), then press (A) and confirm to inject
    4. Press (Select) on the main menu to eject your SD card
    5. Press (Start) to reboot with the SD card removed
      • Booting the device at least once with the SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based luma installation
    6. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
      • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings

Everything was proceeding smoothly until this step. After removing the SD card and pressing start to reboot the 3ds turns off but does not turn back on. Manually turning it on by pressing the power button results in the blue led lighting up and quickly turning itself off (this still with the sd card removed). However if I put the SD card back in and press the power button the console loads to the menu screen normally. How should I proceed to troubleshoot this?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Two possibilities.
    1. You failed to use the latest Luma version (6.6)
    2. You made a mistake with steps 7-11 of that section (the real 7-11, not the numbers the forum changed it to in your post).

3. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Reinjecting the original h&s is optional.You could of just skipped this.

As for the sdless a9lh make shure you copied/pasted your arm9loaderhax.bin to the ctrnand

Last edited by Ominous66521, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Magee
    OP

Magee Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    I checked and made sure that I was indeed using the latest version (6.6) then went back and redid all of section VI. It appears I somehow missed step 6 (install lumaupdater.cia). My apologies for the amateur error. Thank you Quantumcat for the assistance and also ominous for your contribution. Have a happy holidays.

5. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    luma updater has nothing to do with the error you had...

Quantumcat and Hyoretsu like this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    This is true. Probably the OP missed something in 7-11 and didn't realise it, but it was fixed when they redid it.