Hacking Difficulty in obtaining Roms

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see many 3DS games being over a gig to be honest, and that's small beer. People were downloading isos of 2-disc games 10 years ago.

At best I can get 2000k a second from premium filesharing sites and IRC bots so that's, what, 20 minutes to download 2 gig? Oh no.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if the 3ds is using carts, then chances r u'll be able to shrink most games by quite a bit since the carts go by increments 16-32-64 and so on.

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
You have a point, sort of.

No site that I know of allows direct download of PSP games. (Multi-part RapidShare downloads don't count.)

Sites like did you really think I'd post a ROM site? have DS roms galore simply because they're small. Less than a dozen games break 256mb uncompressed.

PSP isos are large and bandwidth-sucking. The ISO torrents I've found usually have 3-8 leechers and maybe 15-20 seeds. This, for some people, is terrible. But my 350 KB/s DL speeds have no problem redlining on most torrents.

So honestly, your point holds true and yet it doesn't. Anyone willing to look can find em, but ROM sites won't host them on FTPs or anything of the sort.

I do feel sorry for those who have torrent-throttling ISPs though, since that leaves them with RapidShit and the like.

un-true most rom sites i have found use hosting like hotfile and 2 shared.

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
heran lol someone said tht the size of your "you-know-what" equals your post count... so i do not want to give any ideas
i think US,UK and ppl with similar ISPs wont have downloading issues but for ppl living in developing countries (where they claim they cannot get any games... *points to self*), the speeds are quite low as mine
most ppl who posted here are from european or north american countries hence fast speeds but imagine south america or worse, africa

movies are a different issue since there are usually many seeders (on torrent) hence ppl dont usually download directly (ftp, filesharing or http)
i cant say tht will be a very limiting factor for me too much cuz 3d is rarely seen here so i would love to have the games on any condition

PS - i do have around 150 gb of pc games and 15 wii games and a couple of ps2 games that i "got" on a 512Kbps connection (4gb takes around 2-3 days... not fulltime downloading)
*hears sony's footsteps*

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tend to download around bout 200gb per month, so i dont think 3ds games will be a problem
smile.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
campbell00 said:
Meh, it doesn't stop XBOX 360 piracy.

Although, we have yet to see if PS3 piracy pervades the hacking scene: those games are larger than the 360's.
Not all are. And there already are a bunch of sites with PS3 games in them. So PS3 piracy will pervade.

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jan 14 2011, 09:10 AM) I tend to download around bout 200gb per month, so i dont think 3ds games will be a problem
smile.gif
wtf.gif

There are no words...
ohmy.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
2GB huh... Not a problem for me. I download PSP games that are ~1.7GB sometimes, compared to that DS games are tiny. :3

snake7beckham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
somedrunkenidiot said:
People with slow connections will either hire the game copy it then return it, get it off a friend or buy it from a dodgy market stall. The file size makes little difference.

This
where I live they're spread everywhere
rolleyes.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
TehSkull said:
Anyone willing to look can find em, but ROM sites won't host them on FTPs or anything of the sort.I know sites that hosts quite alot of ROMs via FTP.

So do I, but they probably won't have 3DS games on there just like they don't have Wii/Xbox/PS3/PSP games on there.

Unless you have better sites than I do...

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Jan 13 2011, 11:34 PM)
This makes no difference since people pirate Wii isos just as easily.
Plus, as technology advances so does internet speed in general. Two years ago I would have been screwed with my 768k internet, but now I have 15Mbps so there's nothing to worry about.
Unless you're talking bits, not bytes, you've got insane internet speed. ;__; I don't think 15MB/s or 15Mb/s (there's a difference) is offered in god damn Louisiana. I've got a 3Mbps connection, but usually I download at 350 KB/s.

Some people really don't appreciate what they have.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Usenet and private trackers?

Anyway, psp and wii isos are big too and widely available via direct download links.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People pay to pirate instead of paying for the product itself?

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Edit: Unless of course you're in a country where the product is unavailable through other means.

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Is it necessary tht every ISP has usenet services? i really havent seen any advertisement in our ISPs tht suggest tht (though we have been hinted about it in our class lectures)

tried to find some free providers but i am in the (probably mistaken) position of thinking tht since my ISP doesnt care (or have) this service, i wont achieve anything in finding even a hack or so
note: some have said tht they get 14 trial version days continuously (i mean rinse and repeat)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
People pay to pirate instead of paying for the product itself?

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Edit: Unless of course you're in a country where the product is unavailable through other means.

There are sites that you pay a monthly subscription to get easy and quick access to the games they have. My brother did that with his PSP until he got rid of it.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
No offense intended but this topic is kind of stupid. PC games, Xbox games and whatnot aren't what you can call small files. Yet they are still pirated almost as much (if not as much) as the DS games.

Bigger files equals more links, not less piracy.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
No offense intended but this topic is kind of stupid. PC games, Xbox games and whatnot aren't what you can call small files. Yet they are still pirated almost as much (if not as much) as the DS games.

Bigger files equals more links, not less piracy.
Seriously, DS files are a complete joke, since they download in about 1-2 minutes. Wii games download in about 1-2 hours with jdownloader (torrents are obsolete). 3DS games will be popular enough, and will be faster than Wii downloads. But that's if they even become usable via flashcarts, which I hope they don't (see the other topic). Sure, some people with crappy connections might feel the pain, but for most people who already pirate, there won't be a single hiccup in the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay