Different Region Emunand Setup and eShop Functionality

fortedsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on setting up an emunand on my 3DS that has a different region than my 3DS sysnand. Will doing this break the eShop on my sysnand?

The reason I want to do this is is because I want to be able to play DS games in English (Specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008). Right now, they're defaulting to Japanese and there doesn't seem to be a workaround to this besides applying a language cheat to the game or changing my 3DS region, which I don't want to do because I still want access to eShop.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not entirely clear what the problem is here, but I very much doubt that setting up an emuNAND is the solution. I note that TWiLight Menu has a setting for DS language.
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/faq?faq=how-do-i-change-twilight-menus-language

The reason I want to do this is is because I want to be able to play DS games in English (Specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008). Right now, they're defaulting to Japanese and there doesn't seem to be a workaround to this besides applying a language cheat to the game
Are you sure this game has English text in it at all..? And what exactly would be so awful about applying a "language cheat"?

fortedsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure this game has English text in it at all..? And what exactly would be so awful about applying a "language cheat"?
Definitely, I'm sure. The game was in English when I played it on my US O3DS. I'm not really against applying a language cheat, I just don't know how to do it and if other games are going to be affected, I might as well come up with a universal solution.

I got interested in the Emunand approach after reading this reply, the OP in that post is having the same exact issue as I am atm:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can...-japanese-3ds-in-english.408714/#post-5941571

I might consider taking the Twilight route if no one knows for sure if I'll lose access to eShop on my sysnand if my emunand has a different region.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely, I'm sure. The game was in English when I played it on my US O3DS. I'm not really against applying a language cheat, I just don't know how to do it and if other games are going to be affected, I might as well come up with a universal solution.

I got interested in the Emunand approach after reading this reply, the OP in that post is having the same exact issue as I am atm:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can...-japanese-3ds-in-english.408714/#post-5941571

I might consider taking the Twilight route if no one knows for sure if I'll lose access to eShop on my sysnand if my emunand has a different region.
Going the twighlight route would be so much easier as it takes about a minute to set up let's you select the game language to boot you can use cheats and even play the games in widescreen. You can also set up individual forwarders for each game on the home screen of the 3ds ect.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, that's a post from five years ago when emuNANDs were vaguely more common.

I mean, why go fishing for some "universal solution" with dubious implications when there's already an easy, practical, proven solution?

Reactions: AmandaRose

fortedsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kwyjor @AmandaRose
Welp, I'm convinced. I read the Twilight documentation and it looks way more straightforward to setup than emunand. And it has the language feature I really need.
I appreciate the feedback and guidance from both of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day