Hacking Different Questions about Cfw

Sophia19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heyyyy I just have a few questions :) I have a 2ds with the (Armloaderhack?) and Luna on 11.1.

1. Is it possible to play different region games? I'm on EUR, what happens if I install and run a USA or JPN .cia file?

2. Deleted :D

3. I lost my SD card. My 2DS won't boot, I don't know why. Is there any way I can use the Cfw without buying a new console? (Because the soldering thingy is impossible for me) :D

4. I've heard that Armloaderhack does decrease boot times. Tbh, I didn't notice that at all. My 2DS still needed like 5-10 seconds to completely boot up. :(

5. Last question: When I buy myself another console now, is there anything I should avoid to keep my console working with the Cfw? What I mean is, is there a possibility that the Cfw will (disappear?) or not work anymore smth. like this? :b Is there tips which can avoid those situations?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.!:)

Last edited by Sophia19,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
1) yes as Luma3DS has region patches already installed on it. Some games may require to use a pathchanger (MH4/SSB)

2) refer it as "that iso site" saying the actual name is against the rules here and can get you, in trouble with the mods.. Linking to piracy is forbidden here as it's illegal.

3) get a new sd card and copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" on your root of the sd card as well as the "luma" folder with the appropriate files. There is also SHadowNAND which is similar to a9lh, it install to the NAND so you can boot without SD in.

4) yes, it does decrease boot time 5~10 seconds to boot is normal with A9LH, also depends on the SD card etc. Unlike MenuHax which took considerably longer.

Last edited by proflayton123,
Reactions: Sophia19
D

Deleted User

1) Yep; Luma3DS/A9LH supports Region-free CIA loading.

2) As per rules, do not name ROM/ISO sites here! (edit out your post if need be). The site in question is a legitimate site though.

3) A9LH looks for arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of any SD card, afaik. If you can get that onto a spare SD card or something, you should be able to boot back into your 2DS. Don't forget to also add the Luma payloads to your SD card (including the "luma" folder.)

4) Yeah, I don't know if it could be improved in any way. But... as long as you successfully boot with A9LH into CFW that's all that matters, right? :)

5) A9LH is a permanent patch within the 3DS itself, so there isn't really a way that it could stop working/brick without some really stupid tampering.

Last edited by ,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyyyy I just have a few questions :) I have a 2ds with the (Armloaderhack?) and Luna on 11.1.

1. Is it possible to play different region games? I'm on EUR, what happens if I install and run a USA or JPN .cia file?

2. What do you think of *that iso site* ?

3. I lost my SD card. My 2DS won't boot, I don't know why. Is there any way I can use the Cfw without buying a new console? (Because the soldering thingy is impossible for me) :D

4. I've heard that Armloaderhack does decrease boot times. Tbh, I didn't notice that at all. My 2DS still needed like 5-10 seconds to completely boot up. :(

5. Last question: When I buy myself another console now, is there anything I should avoid to keep my console working with the Cfw? What I mean is, is there a possibility that the Cfw will (disappear?) or not work anymore smth. like this? :b Is there tips which can avoid those situations?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.!:)
1: as long as you use luma3ds (which you do) your good

2: don't name that site it is illegal. The site is fine though

3: download this https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases then put arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of a new sd card.

4: it takes twice as long to boot without a9lh

5: just make sure you don't have a 3ds with 11.1 and you can hack it.

Sophia19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Voxel : I think you got my question right. ^-^ I know that consoles above 11.x can't be Cfw'ed. My question was, If I already have a Cfw on my console, how can I avoid losing the Cfw? :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/C47IzqSZBsQ?si=C8FGHzAc8TRvcnvg