Different methods for installing games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zap2000, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi I am new to wii u could someone post me A overview on the different methods for installing games many thanks

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Use the wup installer. But you need a cfw for this. Haxchi or coldboot haxchi. Coldboot haxchi is an upgrade for the "normal" haxchi and requires an ds virtual console game legally bought from the eshop. Look here for an detailed guide.

3. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    Cbhc is not an upgrade, its exactly the same. You need a legal ds game for either. Cb is just cold boot haxchi which saves you 10 seconds from turning on your wiiu and clicking the haxchi title if you need cfw. If you dont need cfw its actually quicker not to use it.

Dont use that guide quoted above because its shit. Use kaflukes guide stickied in this very forum.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well actually the one quoted above work fine, that was the one I used, Kaflukes one is much more confusing since his still old stuff like rednand in the guide.

5. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Why? It is easy to understand and easy to make. You dont need rednand or mocha. Cbhc from my linked guide is enough.

6. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info guys with haxchi is there 2 or three ways of running it? The web browser exploit? With the shop game for Cold boot. Is there another way of running it from the shop game without cold boot haxchi?

7. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Coldboot haxchi means it will run/start by itself after every starting the console. Haxchi must started manually from the homemenu. The haxchi icon i mean.

You need only one. Coldboot Haxchi.

Coldboot haxchi is not a must have. Coldboot Haxchi is slightly more dangerous than standard Haxchi because your DS Virtual Console game exploit is the only way to boot the system.

8. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Because the kids while be using it I was thinking of non coldboot hatchi.
    Wats the other ways of running hatchi ?
    Is it still through a VC game or a diff way?

Last edited by Zap2000, Oct 22, 2018
  9. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    What for other ways? You must perform the Haxchi exploit manually after each reboot if you dont want to install coldboothax. Coldboot Haxchi is slightly more dangerous than standard Haxchi but it causes your wii u to launch CFW automatically at boot. Read the guide which i have linked dude. Its very good detailed and easy to master.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You dont need any mods like rednand. Important is here that you want to install games. Use coldboot haxchi to disable the signature patches and wup installer. You dont need more.

10. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok I think I understand now is haxchi only work if u get a VC game u can do it at boot up cold boot or manually by using the game.
    I think I was confused by Browserhax is that just a web browser temp hack?

11. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Yeah. Thats right. Internet Browser is temp. You need haxchi to run the exploit without the Internetbrowser after Installation. But dont forget...you must buy the DS VC game. Pirated games wont work.

12. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok nps I’m on fw 5.5.1 one guide says to update after the hack the other dosnt mentioned it. Should I update before hack after or not at all? Which is most stable and best ?

13. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Update the console and install the exploit on 5.5.3

5.5.3 have no homebrew block or fixes.

14. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok nps I update before the hack. I have a 4tb portable hd and a 1TB powered hard drive. What size do u recommend for wii u and is y cables safe for conesole or is powered HDs better?

15. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Idk. I have a 64GB USB Drive connected to my wii u and this is enough for me.

16. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I read usb helper is finished am I better to use the work around for this Or a different program? Thx for all info so far

17. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I read usb helper is finished am I better to use the work around for this Or a different program? Thx for all info so far

18. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

19. Zap2000
    OP

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom