Hacking Different HDD's for different games???

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told if I do get an external hard drive to put games on for my Wii U, I can only store Wii U games and Virtual Console games, and not Gamecube or Wii games, which I would use the vWii to run those games using Nintendont and USB Loader GX. I heard it has something to do with the formatting of Wii U games and what not, but now this is really confusing.

Does this mean I have to buy a separate external hard drive to store Gamecube/Wii games, which would be ran via the vWii homebrew applications I mentioned above?
Also, how the hell do I format the external hard drive so that it actually works and can store/run games on my Wii U?

I'm really hoping the answer to the question below is a "yes" since it would make life so much easier:
Is there a way to store Wii U games, Virtual Console titles, and Gamecube/Wii games all on the same external hard drive, and have it be able install/run games?

Last edited by jchillin111,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you want to use Wii/vWii homebrew, you need a FAT32 drive, like you have been told Wii homebrew are not compatible with WiiU HDD format, and WiiU HDD can't be partitioned.

Though, there is a way to install Wii and gamecube ISO into WiiU hard drive, by injecting the Wii/GC ISO into a WiiU game channel (replacing the official game from that channel), and installing it as a Wiiu game. if you really want a single drive, that's your solution.
if you want USBLoaders for cheat or all the options it grants you, then you'll need a second drive.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jchillin111

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told if I do get an external hard drive to put games on for my Wii U, I can only store Wii U games and Virtual Console games, and not Gamecube or Wii games, which I would use the vWii to run those games using Nintendont and USB Loader GX. I heard it has something to do with the formatting of Wii U games and what not, but now this is really confusing.

Does this mean I have to buy a separate external hard drive to store Gamecube/Wii games, which would be ran via the vWii homebrew applications I mentioned above?
Also, how the hell do I format the external hard drive so that it actually works and can store/run games on my Wii U?

I'm really hoping the answer to the question below is a "yes" since it would make life so much easier:
Is there a way to store Wii U games, Virtual Console titles, and Gamecube/Wii games all on the same external hard drive, and have it be able install/run games?
using injectors you can

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to use Wii/vWii homebrew, you need a FAT32 drive, like you have been told Wii homebrew are not compatible with WiiU HDD format, and WiiU HDD can't be partitioned.

Though, there is a way to install Wii and gamecube ISO into WiiU hard drive, by injecting the Wii/GC ISO into a WiiU game channel (replacing the official game from that channel), and installing it as a Wiiu game. if you really want a single drive, that's your solution.
if you want USBLoaders for cheat or all the options it grants you, then you'll need a second drive.
using injectors you can
do you recommend using injectors? And do injectors have Gamecube controller support for Gamecube games and some Wii Games (like Brawl or Mario Kart). The injector method sounds ideal, where can I find a guide for it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
injector can't use USB at all. so, no gamecube controller (because the adapter is USB).
you'll have to use normal vWii mode, with SD or FAT32 HDD instead. this way you can use the adapter and gamecube controller for all gamecube games.
Note: the gamecube adapter doesn't work with Wii games.

on the other side, with injects you can use the WiiU gamepad and see the game on it.

Last edited by Cyan,

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injector can't use USB at all. so, no gamecube controller (because the adapter is USB).
you'll have to use normal vWii mode, with SD or FAT32 HDD instead. this way you can use the adapter and gamecube controller for all gamecube games.

on the other side, with injects you can use the WiiU gamepad and see the game on it.
OK cool. Thank you. I appreciate the help. Is there a pinned guide on here on how to configure injects of Wii/Gamecube games? Thanks again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK cool. Thank you.

Last edited by jchillin111,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have GC vc injections that work with my gamecube adapter

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought USB didn't work with injects.
I tried Nintendont inject, and HID doesn't work. Maybe I did it wrong then.

well, if it works then it's a good info for Chillin.
exciting news guys wow <3! now ummmm how exactly do I perform an injection?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: