Homebrew Difference between N3ds and O3ds?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought it was just whether or not it was an XL, is that the case?

I have a non-xl running 10.2, I have a copy of OOT coming from GameFly and I'm looking at getting an R4 Save Dongle... It'll probably take forever to ship though, if I got a powersaves it'd get here faster but it seems like I can't find a clear answer on whether or not that'll work.

Can't find Cubic Ninja for the life of me.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
N3DS has an additional C-stick (tiny little nub) and two extra rear buttons. these only work with a couple of games so far. its also more powerful (useful for homebrew) and has a head tracking system to give a more stable 3D.

if this isn't what you meant then just ignore me :P

Reactions: DjoeN

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N3DS has an additional C-stick (tiny little nub) and two extra rear buttons. these only work with a couple of games so far. its also more powerful (useful for homebrew) and has a head tracking system to give a more stable 3D.

if this isn't what you meant then just ignore me :P
Lol he was asking if power saves works on new 3ds I think but the title is very misleading

Reactions: dimmidice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol he was asking if power saves works on new 3ds I think but the title is very misleading
yeah i had the feeling it was something like that. figured maybe that was just part of the question. and you're very right. the title is very vague

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was definitely a tangential question, so sorry for that. There is a ton of misleading/conflicting information surrounding hacking the 3DS. It's definitely not organized and you get a different answer depending on who you ask.

For example, the official description for OOTHAX says "Use it from an already-hacked 3DS to create a homebrew entrypoint either on a different 3DS or on the same 3DS"

Already hacked? Can I use this thing or can't I?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But my DS is not already hacked. It looks like you need to be able to run homebrew to create the exploited OOT save file to begin with. Every thread I look at on the subject, people are trying to swap save files with each other, or edit them with a HEX editor, and I haven't found a single post saying that you can MOD your 3DS with NO previous access to homebrew with just OOT and a PowerSaves.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that details this from start to finish? Are there any posts anywhere with it confirmed from beginning to end?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.