Difference between N3ds and O3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by drakegraves, Nov 30, 2015.

1. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    At first I thought it was just whether or not it was an XL, is that the case?

I have a non-xl running 10.2, I have a copy of OOT coming from GameFly and I'm looking at getting an R4 Save Dongle... It'll probably take forever to ship though, if I got a powersaves it'd get here faster but it seems like I can't find a clear answer on whether or not that'll work.

Can't find Cubic Ninja for the life of me.

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
  3. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    N3DS has an additional C-stick (tiny little nub) and two extra rear buttons. these only work with a couple of games so far. its also more powerful (useful for homebrew) and has a head tracking system to give a more stable 3D.

if this isn't what you meant then just ignore me :P

DjoeN likes this.
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Lol he was asking if power saves works on new 3ds I think but the title is very misleading

dimmidice likes this.
  5. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    yeah i had the feeling it was something like that. figured maybe that was just part of the question. and you're very right. the title is very vague

6. MsMidnight
    This message by MsMidnight has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 2, 2015, Reason: oh so helpful.
    Nov 30, 2015
  7. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    How? The persons question is clear about if the save will work with the N3DS or not.

SSG Vegeta and Ammako like this.
  8. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    Yeah it was definitely a tangential question, so sorry for that. There is a ton of misleading/conflicting information surrounding hacking the 3DS. It's definitely not organized and you get a different answer depending on who you ask.

For example, the official description for OOTHAX says "Use it from an already-hacked 3DS to create a homebrew entrypoint either on a different 3DS or on the same 3DS"

Already hacked? Can I use this thing or can't I?

9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes you can

10. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    But my DS is not already hacked. It looks like you need to be able to run homebrew to create the exploited OOT save file to begin with. Every thread I look at on the subject, people are trying to swap save files with each other, or edit them with a HEX editor, and I haven't found a single post saying that you can MOD your 3DS with NO previous access to homebrew with just OOT and a PowerSaves.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that details this from start to finish? Are there any posts anywhere with it confirmed from beginning to end?

11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You need to follow the link in my first post that is what you need to do if you dont have homebrew already

12. drakegraves
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    sorry for being a booger, for some reason your link didnt show until i signed in from my phone!

Marko76 likes this.
  13. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random