Difference between .3DS converted CIA's to eShop CIA's?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Xenon Hacks, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    So I didn't feel like making a thread about this but here I go. Is there any noticable difference besides maybe CIA size when comparing a 3DS rom converted from Xorpads to a CIA dumped from an eShop download? For example Pokemon X converted from a 3DS file using Decrypt9 and Simple CIA converter to the eShop version of Pokemon X? Is the size different, File differences, and lastly this is just pure speculation could Nintendo possibly tell the difference? The reason I ask is when Pokemon (Z/Y2/X2) comes out I dont want to download a CIA version of the game just to find out it was a converted .3DS rom.

2. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    The main difference is invalid/broken sign for self converted .3ds and missing entries in the DB for activation.

3. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    what I thought guess ill have to wait for someone to release the actual eShop release so I can save myself the hassle of using savedatafiler with the Red card damn I know its gonna leak like a weak early too now im gonna have to wait for the actual release :/