Hacking Did warioware diy brick my memory card?

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm the perpetual noob, right? I recently grabbed a copy of warioware diy, and started playing it. Something went wrong and the game froze. "harrumph" says I and I restart the ds. Akaio hangs at the initial loading message. Uh oh. I check my memory card on the pc, and suddenly it asks to format the card! Of course I won't. Properties reads the card as 0 bytes used, 0 bytes available. Clearly not right.
Did I screw the pooch on this one, or is there some way to recover all the data?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Although this is rather unrelated, my kids DS just screwed up the other day and everything inside the __aio (or whatever it is) was corrupted with strange characters as the file names and it could not be deleted. I tried a few of my usual windows apps that I use for formatting things to fat32 and none would work. Only windows disc management worked to format it. Weird.

Luckily, I was able to copy off all of her same games and then just cloned my other daughters MicroSD card over and then replaced the save games and done.

EDIT: just reading a couple threads, I see there were many issues with 1.8.1, and I think thats what version they are running. Luckily it did not fully brick it.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot brick a memory card, op. There may be a problem with it, but it is impossible to brick it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
You cannot brick a memory card, op. There may be a problem with it, but it is impossible to brick it.
Not true. Look at what windows 7 phones are doing to MicroSD cards. They screw with it so it can never be used with another device. Last I heard, there was no chance of ever fixing it.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So...I take it I have to format the card then? Bummer. Brightside: my last backup was only about a week ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day