Did warioware diy brick my memory card?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by choconado, Jan 23, 2011.

1. choconado
    OP

choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Okay, so I'm the perpetual noob, right? I recently grabbed a copy of warioware diy, and started playing it. Something went wrong and the game froze. "harrumph" says I and I restart the ds. Akaio hangs at the initial loading message. Uh oh. I check my memory card on the pc, and suddenly it asks to format the card! Of course I won't. Properties reads the card as 0 bytes used, 0 bytes available. Clearly not right.
    Did I screw the pooch on this one, or is there some way to recover all the data?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Recuva on the Deep setting?

3. choconado
    OP

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Umm, A.) what is that?
    And B.) how do I do it?
    I's too a-stupid to fix these things myself...

4. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Although this is rather unrelated, my kids DS just screwed up the other day and everything inside the __aio (or whatever it is) was corrupted with strange characters as the file names and it could not be deleted. I tried a few of my usual windows apps that I use for formatting things to fat32 and none would work. Only windows disc management worked to format it. Weird.

Luckily, I was able to copy off all of her same games and then just cloned my other daughters MicroSD card over and then replaced the save games and done.

EDIT: just reading a couple threads, I see there were many issues with 1.8.1, and I think thats what version they are running. Luckily it did not fully brick it.

5. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    WA
    You cannot brick a memory card, op. There may be a problem with it, but it is impossible to brick it.

6. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Not true. Look at what windows 7 phones are doing to MicroSD cards. They screw with it so it can never be used with another device. Last I heard, there was no chance of ever fixing it.

7. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I've had Made in Ore (Jap. DIY) corrupt my card. So, I don't see it as unheard of. I had to reformat the dumb card, though.

8. choconado
    OP

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    So...I take it I have to format the card then? Bummer. Brightside: my last backup was only about a week ago.