Did My Wii Get Soft Modded Properly? Way to Check?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by geokilla, Nov 3, 2013.

1. geokilla
    OP

geokilla GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    Many eons ago, I ran ModMii and soft modded my Wii. I thought everything worked successfully, and I even have two games downloaded and stored on my external hard drive. One is in .ISO format, and the other in .WBFS format. However, the games could not be detected back then. I finally decided to give this another try as my Wii has just been collecting dust here. Is there a way to determine if my Wii got soft modded properly? I know I can run ModMii again but honestly, it was very brutal last time and it took me like a good hour or two.

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    You need a Wii backup manager program, either WBFS Manager and Wii Backup Manager (I recommend Wii Backup Manager) to transfer the games over to your USB drive.

3. geokilla
    OP

geokilla GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    I transferred the games to my external, FAT32 partitioned hard drive. I also have a NTFS partition on that hard drive, but the games and the files are all on the FAT32 partition. Ran USB Loader GX but it still cannot detect the external. I am pretty sure that is a sign that my Wii was softmodded properly?

I am using a Vantec NexStar CX external enclosure with a Seagate 500GB external hard drive.

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    It's probably that your partitions are screwed up. The FAT32 partition needs, if memory serves me, to be the active partition.

5. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Format the harddrive to fat32 only as you dont need the other partition and you wont get confused or mess up your games.
    Use WII GAME MANAGER to convert your other iso and drag it directly to the USB.
    Also make sure you have all your cIOS in check/Updated.

6. geokilla
    OP

geokilla GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually I need the other partitions... It's a dual purpose drive, also serving as my external.

I did convert my games to WBFS format using Wii Backup Manager. That's how I transferred them over.