Gaming Did I waste my money on the 3ds?

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lately I've been reading articles about how the 3ds is fucked. It's not selling, no good games and 3rd party games are being canceled left and right. Is this the next virtual boy? I love my 3ds so far and zelda in 3d was a blast. I want the 3ds to be a success really badly but now it's just is all fucked.
hate2.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link
Link
Link

Nope. No where near. Stop overreacting. It will do just fine.

A email from Nintendo state there at least 100 games right now being work on. I sent some complains from others to Nintendo.

QUOTE said:
While I can certainly appreciate your concerns about licensee support for games on the Nintendo 3DS, I wanted to point out that there are roughly sixty games estimated for release and another forty games announced for the system. The vast majority of these games are from licensee companies. For more information concerning games for the 3DS, I suggest that you check out the Games section of www.nintendo.com and click on the tab for "Games for the Nintendo 3DS".

That all the effort I'm putting in this thread.

AKA No you didn't.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Give it some time it will find its marketplace somehow.. but i do believe it won't meet the world record of the DS or get even close to it, 3DS simply doesn't offer anything new as features apart from 3d without glasses (which kill eyes quite quickly from my understanding so yea..) and the library is quite disapointing (plus many cancellations as of now)

Seriously, i believe Sony might win the handhelds duel for this gen and i actually hope so.. PSP deserved that spot but the DS was smart with its touch screen and reasonable prices.. and the ton of kids friendly shovelware to milk parents lol.. the new PSV will make it against 3DS, so i guess and vouch for, sorry ^^

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i hope the psp does better and teaches nintendo a little something about overpricing their hardware. who do they think the are? apple?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only you can tell if it was a waste of money. Something you owns worth is determined by you and not by people in a forum. So answer this, do you think it's worth it?

Tapia Would

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually love my 3ds as for the launch games i think they can hold off till the new games come out. i know i didnt waste my money i really enjoy it.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's a waste...Just a buy time to buy (even thought that Zelda 3d is really tempting). If I don't get one Christmas I'll probably wait til either 1)I have a better job or 2)my 21st Bday

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the system is still going to be successful and the games will come. and you seem to be enjoying it right now so its going to be okay.

now, i would instead ask if it is worth 250 dollars? no, and nintendo is being greedy.

tanuki1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am feeling this way atm.I Bought the 3DS at lauch and also bought Ridge Racer along with it...I don't even like Ridge Racer or racing games in general besides Mario Kart the Excite series.I played about an hour of Ridge Racer at most just to see the 3D effect and haven't touched it since.Nice effect but I did not like the game.I bought Raving Rabbids a few weeks later as I am a huge fan of sidescrollers,not a fan of the Rabbids or Ubisoft, and it too has not been touched since the night I bought it.And of course I purchased OOT even though I purchased that at launch for the N64,have both Collectors disc's for the GCN and have it on the Wii as well.I think I just played this game way too much already as I only got as far as the forest temple before retiring it and had to turn off the 3D effect before even turning adult due to way to much ghosting.I feel screwed.But I'm going to stick with it.There are quite a few games coming out that I am looking forward too in the next year.I had the same feelings when I bought the Wii and DS at launch.I sold both of them and bought them about a year later at the same price and had multiple games to keep me busy,great games.Tetris DS and Castlevania Dos for the Ds are 2 games that make owning a DS worth it even if they had no other games at all.The 3DS will have more games,great games.And hell,even if it does somehow fail and become another Virtual Boy I'd be fine with that.I still have my Virtual Boy that I bought back in 96 and still play it to this day.Things will get better though.Their was basically one man behind the VB,but Nintendo as a whole are backing the 3DS,they will not let it fail.

And I also agree that #250is too much.The DSi should have dropped to $129.99,The Dsi XL should be $$149.99 and the 3DS should be $199.99 at best($179.99 would be just about right though)

splinters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is now up for sale. After finshing Zelda i have been playing DS games and a few virtual console games. No interest in Starfox and xmas is a long wait for new Marios. I just want a few good games to play so i bought a psp go cheap. Lovely bit of hardware and i can run most of my favourite old nintendo games on it.

johnny1233465487

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same dilemma here
frown.gif

Brought coz thought it was gonna be awesome, but turned out to be average.
Yes i know it's brand new n all but still it's pretty meh, might even think of swapping it in for the new psvita :|

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tanuki1980 said:
I too am feeling this way atm.I Bought the 3DS at lauch and also bought Ridge Racer along with it...I don't even like Ridge Racer or racing games in general besides Mario Kart the Excite series.I played about an hour of Ridge Racer at most just to see the 3D effect and haven't touched it since.Nice effect but I did not like the game.I bought Raving Rabbids a few weeks later as I am a huge fan of sidescrollers,not a fan of the Rabbids or Ubisoft, and it too has not been touched since the night I bought it.And of course I purchased OOT even though I purchased that at launch for the N64,have both Collectors disc's for the GCN and have it on the Wii as well.I think I just played this game way too much already as I only got as far as the forest temple before retiring it and had to turn off the 3D effect before even turning adult due to way to much ghosting.I feel screwed.But I'm going to stick with it.There are quite a few games coming out that I am looking forward too in the next year.I had the same feelings when I bought the Wii and DS at launch.I sold both of them and bought them about a year later at the same price and had multiple games to keep me busy,great games.Tetris DS and Castlevania Dos for the Ds are 2 games that make owning a DS worth it even if they had no other games at all.The 3DS will have more games,great games.And hell,even if it does somehow fail and become another Virtual Boy I'd be fine with that.I still have my Virtual Boy that I bought back in 96 and still play it to this day.Things will get better though.Their was basically one man behind the VB,but Nintendo as a whole are backing the 3DS,they will not let it fail.

And I also agree that #250is too much.The DSi should have dropped to $129.99,The Dsi XL should be $$149.99 and the 3DS should be $199.99 at best($179.99 would be just about right though)

lol! same with me!. i bought ridge racer even though i dont like racing besides mario kart just for the 3d effect. its cool but then i hardly play the game now. and i turn off 3d in zelda too because of the ghosting but when there isn't any are certain parts i turn it on. ill replay these ghosting games once nintendo provides a better screen revision.

still there are really good 3ds games coming out by the end of the year. its going to be great. but these couple of months is going to suck. i dont care about starfox but i still might pick it up just because it has great 3d effects (please dont have ghosting)

and you made me realize how expensive nintendo has priced the dsi and dsi xl. oh my goodness, i can't believe they priced it higher than the ds lite by a good margin. and after all this time, its still pretty high. Nintendo is so greedy these days. Sometimes i wonder what kind of hardware they would make if they were willing to take a small profit on consoles or even a loss on consoles like sony and microsoft. Innovation +power? The consumers benefits in the end from this. i dont care if nintendo is making a lot of money, i dont get the money.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of it as investing in a really shitty stock. It will pay off in the future. Give it a year.

I am holding out for a revision...
ninja.gif

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly? no, it is a great device so far.

if you did not know what you were getting into (taking forever to get good games and content) then you are a dumb ass.

i already was guessing it was gonna take forever to get anything good on this gaming system, seeing how long it took the e-shop and the internet browser to get onto the damn thing.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for the better games to be released. There's Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D, Animal Crossing (if you like that type of game), Kid Icarus, Smash Bros 3D, Kingdom Hearts etc. You just have to wait for them. I'm personally putting my purchase on hold, since there's not many great games for the 3DS yet. BUT I know that I'll get one in future, even if it might be years later.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Smash Bros 3D
uh...wrong...they only said the will start making it, nothing about SB is in the works yet, sadly.

that cartoon network Punch Time Explosion game on the other hand, pretty good SB rip off game. i like it.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seaking said:
honestly? no, it is a great device so far.

if you did not know what you were getting into (taking forever to get good games and content) then you are a dumb ass.

i already was guessing it was gonna take forever to get anything good on this gaming system, seeing how long it took the e-shop and the internet browser to get onto the damn thing.

yes, because we can totally predict when games are coming even before e3. and we can totally predict that theeshop will release at the end of May and even when eshop came out, we could have totally predicted that there will be little to absolutely no 3ds specific eshop games (i can only think of pokedex and exitebike).

Plus, just maybe the 3d itself just wasn't that impressive for some.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its a new hand held, the fuck do you think was gonna happen? nintendo dropping everything they have and only doing things for the 3ds?

haha, your funny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4