Hacking Did I mess up with 9.2 ctrtransfer?

Lubre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you created your tik files after you did the 9.2 ctrnand transfer, then restoring them is pointless.

I see.

Very well, i believe i am done now. The System Settings says my current version is Sys 11.2.0-35U.

Is that what it is supposed to be now? Can i just transfer the things in this SD card to another one (I will get a larger one tomorrow)? Am i done?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Very well, i believe i am done now. The System Settings says my current version is Sys 11.2.0-35U.

Is that what it is supposed to be now? Can i just transfer the things in this SD card to another one (I will get a larger one tomorrow)? Am i done?
Yes, that is the system version you should be on. Yes, you're done if you completed the Finalizing Setup guide. I also recommend you install freeShop if you haven't already.
https://freeshop.pw

Lubre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is the system version you should be on. Yes, you're done if you completed the Finalizing Setup guide. I also recommend you install freeShop if you haven't already.
https://freeshop.pw

I will. What exactly is the advantage of freeshop though? Installing .cia with FBI always worked well enough for me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will. What exactly is the advantage of freeshop though? Installing .cia with FBI always worked well enough for me.
Convenience, and easy way to check for updates and DLC to already installed titles, etc. Some people don't like to install CIA files when they could be cartridge rips with v0 version strings that actual eShop games don't have.

Lubre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Convenience, and easy way to check for updates and DLC to already installed titles, etc. Some people don't like to install CIA files when they could be cartridge rips with v0 version strings that actual eShop games don't have.

I see. I am not sure if i will actually use this, but it is good to have the option nonethless.

Can i just drag the SD's files to my new one, or will i have to do a longer process like i would for Emunand?

Last question i promise!

Edit: Installed Fire Emblem (GBA)'s .cia to see if everything is working fine and the game played perfectly. It does appear the ride is over.

Last edited by Lubre,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I am not sure if i will actually use this, but it is good to have the option nonethless.

Can i just drag the SD's files to my new one, or will i have to do a longer process like i would for Emunand?

Last question i promise!
You can just copy and paste contents to the new SD card since you're not using emuNAND.

Lubre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just copy and paste contents to the new SD card since you're not using emuNAND.

Very well.

I just started playing Fire Emblem (GBA) to make sure everything is running smoothly and it worked perfectly. I do admit i was a little bit worried because of the tickets thing, but such fears seem to be unfounded now.

I know i said this already, but i sincerely thank you for your help. Seriously, your patience and attention were far greater than i could have expected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.