Gaming Did I just kill my DSi?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Then I guess you didn't resolder those wires correctly, try resoldering the positive wire again
Note that it was giving me voltage signals before I tried using the continuity tester mode, so it seems to me that somehow I screwed it up later while testing. I will resolder the wires though, to check if that fixes anything.

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did have it connected to power unfortunately. The battery gives a noise but only if i put the needle on opposite connections. Nothing seems to work on the board though :(
You probed the battery terminals in resistance/continuity mode while the DSi was connected? The multimeter applies a very small current on the circuit to test continuity, the DSi tries to charge your multimeter, you probably blew a fuse on the mainboard.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: legoinventeor

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You probed the battery terminals in resistance/continuity mode while the DSi was connected? The multimeter applies a very small current on the circuit to test continuity, the DSi tries to charge your multimeter, you probably blew a fuse on the mainboard.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
It gives me no power. Sadly i think I'll just have to replace the motherboard now.

Lenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I had similar thing. If when you plug it into a charger it blinks orange light you need to replace the power board. It's literally less than 3 bucks in Ali. :)

Reactions: legoinventeor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte