Hacking Did I get a bum 3in1?

kingsanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got what was supposed to be a 3in1+ last week. I'm using it with an Acekard 2i running Akaio 1.5. A version of the NDS Backup Tool that was patched to work with the 3in1+ doesn't recognize it, but the version for the 3in1 does. Akaio can see it, and can load games to it. The problem I'm running into is I'm sometimes losing my save file on Metroid Fusion, Ninja Five-O, the Castlevanias, and the F-Zeros. I may get lucky and be able to run a few times without the save file going away, but if I switch to another game and come back I'm usually hosed. The latest thing I tried is to use Akaio to load Ninja Five-O to NOR so my DS Lite will recognize it as a game without going through the Akaio menu. I started a new game and saved it. I restarted the DS, and my save was still ok. But I powered it off for a couple of minutes and the save was gone.

From what I can see of the PCB without opening the case, it appears to be green above the contacts. That coupled with the fact that 3in1+ specific tools don't see it, but 3in1 tools does makes me think I got an old 3in1 with a dying battery. Does this sound right?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds about right. You can replace the battery without too much effort (and cheaply, thanks to www.dealextreme.com), there's a decent guide here somewhere, search for it. The hardest part is getting the old battery out.

kingsanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I've got to decide if I want to try swapping out the battery or just return it for exchange. I should've went ahead and ordered a 5 pack of the batteries when I first suspected it.

kingsanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided it would be better to spend $2.53 to ship it back than ~$6 to buy a battery locally. I noticed that at least one of my cameras uses the same battery, so I think I'm going to get in on a cheap online deal to have a few for the future.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

kingsanto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that I was in fact sent the previous version 3in1 instead of the 3in1+ that I had ordered. The black 3in1+ wasn't in stock, so I went ahead and took a working previous version 3in1. Now I'm back in business and everything seems to be working great. I think I'm going to order some batteries to have them ready since I also own cameras that use them.

D

Deleted-236924

how_do_i_do_that said:
If your using these:

NDS Backup Tool 3in1+ IPS Patch
http://filetrip.net/f5327-NDS-Backup-Tool-...-IPS-Patch.html

NDS Backup Tool 3in1 0.31
http://filetrip.net/f2486-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-0-31.html

You will need to revert to the official firmware to use it properly. The backup tool locks up after the dump during the "Reading directory" message or after part 1 of a multi part dump under AKAIO.

After your done dumping, you can revert back to AKAIO.
My friend is using Acekard 2 with AKAIO and the NDS Backup Tool 3in1+ works perfectly with no problems
How come we never have any problems with AKAIO?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should stop telling people it just flat out doesn't work when people keep telling you that it does. People aren't generally expected to be able to explain proper functionality; they only look for answers when things go wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: