Did I brick my modchipped Switch Lite?

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did a system update on the sysNAND of my modchipped Switch Lite. Got a bluescreen.

Lemme try to explain:

I have a Switch Lite with a soldered modchip. It was running atmosphere.

Today I booted into clean sysNAND to unlink my Nintendo Account.
The console told me to do a system update before I can access eshop.

So I did that. And now I can still boot into hekate, but trying to boot sysNAND gives me a bluescreen.

I have a clean NAND backup of my console, but that was before the system update burned fuses.
I'm sure there is a way to rescue the console as hekate still works, but I'll ask for advice before I try something stupid and ruin it completely.

If anybody has an idea what I could do I'd absolutely appreciate your help.

I wish I had never tried to update the console, it was working fine before I did. :-/

Edit:
Do I need to recreate/replace boot0 of Firmware 13.2.0? Could it be that I corrupted boot0?

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-03_21-20-10.jpg
    photo_2022-01-03_21-20-10.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 105
  • photo_2022-01-03_21-20-18.jpg
    photo_2022-01-03_21-20-18.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 99
  • photo_2022-01-03_21-20-21.jpg
    photo_2022-01-03_21-20-21.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by Reynardine,

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mentions of updating Atmosphere/Hekate in your post after the system update. I assume that you ran CFW using your sysNand? If that's the case probably just need to update to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate/patches.

Reactions: Reynardine

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did you also update Atmosphere/Hekate to the latest version?
AFAIK you also need to update Atmosphere if you updated to the latest firmware.
Note that the payload that needs to be injected also was updated.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No mentions of updating Atmosphere/Hekate in your post after the system update. I assume that you ran CFW using your sysNand? If that's the case probably just need to update to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate/patches.
Yes I updated both hekate and atmosphere. But I never ran CFW on sysNAND.

I booted into my clean non CFW sysNAND and did a system update.
Something clearly went wrong during the update. Now all I get is a bluescreen if I try to boot sysNAND.

Do you think I should attemp to restore a NAND backup I made of my sysNAND?
Could that get me into trouble if the number of burned fuses now is higher than it was when I made the backup?

My Nintendo Account is unbanned and I don't want it to risk getting banned because I have a lot of eshop games legally bought that I don't want to loose.

Edit:
Is there a difference between the "fusee_primary.bin" of older atmosphere releases and the "fusee.bin" that is provided with the newest version of atmosphere?

It's been a while since I updated my CFW and I'm confused by the name change of that file.

Edit2:
Now I had a very pleasant surprise. I tried booting into my emuNAND and it still works.
Only my sysNAND is broken and bluescreens.

If the burned fuses thing is not a risk I will attempt restoring the sysNAND backup.

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-04_17-15-01.jpg
    photo_2022-01-04_17-15-01.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 115

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I updated my CFW and I'm confused by the name change of that file.
Always read the release notes before updating so you'll know what you're up against. The file fusee_primary.bin has been replaced by fusee.bin, so you'll need to make the same replacement everywhere you use it.
Since your emunand still works, it does sound like your sysNand update didn't go right. How do you boot into sysNand? Do you go through Hekate for that or just boot directly without RCM? Do you have autoRCM enabled?

Reynardine

Fuchsly
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always read the release notes before updating so you'll know what you're up against. The file fusee_primary.bin has been replaced by fusee.bin, so you'll need to make the same replacement everywhere you use it.
Since your emunand still works, it does sound like your sysNand update didn't go right. How do you boot into sysNand? Do you go through Hekate for that or just boot directly without RCM? Do you have autoRCM enabled?
Oh no, there is no autoRCM on a Mariko Switch. Yes I go through hekate to boot into sysNAND.
Inside the hekate menu I click on "Launch" and then on "Stock - sysMMC".

That should boot the regular stock firmware but it bluescreens for me.
Either sysNAND or boot0 is broken.

Sadly I don't know enough about this stuff to fix it myself. I read in other forum threads that you need a donor boot0 to fix boot0.
But I don't want to attempt anything before I have an idea what my problem is.

I'll make sure I put the fusee.bin in the right folder. But my problem is unrelated to atmosphere otherwise emuMMC wouldn't work.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, there is no autoRCM on a Mariko Switch. Yes I go through hekate to boot into sysNAND.
Inside the hekate menu I click on "Launch" and then on "Stock - sysMMC".

That should boot the regular stock firmware but it bluescreens for me.
Either sysNAND or boot0 is broken.

Sadly I don't know enough about this stuff to fix it myself. I read in other forum threads that you need a donor boot0 to fix boot0.
But I don't want to attempt anything before I have an idea what my problem is.

I'll make sure I put the fusee.bin in the right folder. But my problem is unrelated to atmosphere otherwise emuMMC wouldn't work.
You can create one with eMMCHacGen.

MrGrinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a difference between the "fusee_primary.bin" of older atmosphere releases and the "fusee.bin" that is provided with the newest version of atmosphere?

Make sure you're using the new FSS0 reference in the hekate ini file instead of the older fusee-secondary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.