Did i brick my Jailbroken PS3?

Creeper_ofDoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today i tried to upgrade my Jailbroken PS3 Phat from Evilnat 4.90 to Evilnat 4.91 from a USB Flash Drive. Mainly so i could play online again. When it finished updating my PS3 no longer boots, Now when i turn it on i get a Blank Screen, Most of the time it immediately shuts off.

I also can’t boot into the Recovery Mode for some reason because it shows a blank screen or shuts off. Am i screwed? I dont know why its doing this, Did i install a broken update or something?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Worst case, do you have a nand/nor dump?

Second, have you entered recovery mode on this TV before (i.e. make sure it's not an issue with the TV)?

Creeper_ofDoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Worst case, do you have a nand/nor dump?

Second, have you entered recovery mode on this TV before (i.e. make sure it's not an issue with the TV)?
I dont think i do… I Jailbroke my PS3 about 3 Years ago and the Backup has been lost since then, If i did have i don’t know what i would do with it. And now i don’t know what im suppose to do because i cant boot into a damn recovery mode to try and revert it

it also shuts off with a Yellow Light, I didn’t Overclock my PS3 before or after trying to update

Last edited by Creeper_ofDoom,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think i do… I Jailbroke my PS3 about 3 Years ago and the Backup has been lost since then, If i did have i don’t know what i would do with it. And now i don’t know what im suppose to do because i cant boot into a damn recovery mode to try and revert it

Worst case, a software brick might have been recoverable with a backup via a hardmod.

YLOD could also indicate a hardware failure, something the phat models are infamous for e.g. bad capacitors.

Have you tried a different TV in case it's just a resolution issue? Perhaps try with the original AV/PS2 AV cable.

Creeper_ofDoom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Worst case, a software brick might have been recoverable with a backup via a hardmod.

YLOD could also indicate a hardware failure, something the phat models are infamous for e.g. bad capacitors.

Have you tried a different TV in case it's just a resolution issue? Perhaps try with the original AV/PS2 AV cable.
Yes i did. I tried connecting it to my HD CRT via HDMI and also AV and there is no output. I tried resetting the resolution by holding the power button for longer till it beeps again and that didn’t work

I have another PS3 Slim that is functional on 4.91, I don’t have Nand / Firmware Backup of the Phat but can i make a Backup of the Slims Nand / Firmware and flash it to the Broken Phat model to make it work.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i did. I tried connecting it to my HD CRT via HDMI and also AV and there is no output. I tried resetting the resolution by holding the power button for longer till it beeps again and that didn’t work

I have another PS3 Slim that is functional on 4.91, I don’t have Nand / Firmware Backup of the Phat but can i make a Backup of the Slims Nand / Firmware and flash it to the Broken Phat model to make it work.

I'm not sure if you can take a slims dump and put it on the phat.

Looking around, apparently there is a way to get the error log from syscon:
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Syscon_Error_Codes#How_to_get_the_syscon_error_log

But I have zero experience with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: :gun: