Hacking Did a few hacks in the past and don't have a NAND backup—what should I do before going online?

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Switch in a long time, and I'm not sure offhand what firmware it has. But the last time I used it was sometime before the first version of Atmosphère was out. I booted into that first RCM demo payload once or twice, booted into Linux a couple times (among several unsuccessful boot attempts) and also booted through Hekate a few times, so that opening the Gallery would take me to the homebrew launcher.

Regrettably, I've never taken a full NAND backup. However, the last time my console was on the Internet was before I had ever even booted it into RCM. If I take it online now, based on others' experiences, how likely is it that I'll be banned? Is it likely to be a permanent ban, or will it expire after a while? Is there anything I can do to reduce the odds, that won't backfire and make it look even more suspicious?

There wouldn't be any point in never taking it online again, as then for all intents and purposes it might as well be banned anyway.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I haven't used my Switch in a long time, and I'm not sure offhand what firmware it has. But the last time I used it was sometime before the first version of Atmosphère was out. I booted into that first RCM demo payload once or twice, booted into Linux a couple times (among several unsuccessful boot attempts) and also booted through Hekate a few times, so that opening the Gallery would take me to the homebrew launcher.

Regrettably, I've never taken a full NAND backup. However, the last time my console was on the Internet was before I had ever even booted it into RCM. If I take it online now, based on others' experiences, how likely is it that I'll be banned? Is it likely to be a permanent ban, or will it expire after a while? Is there anything I can do to reduce the odds, that won't backfire and make it look even more suspicious?

There wouldn't be any point in never taking it online again, as then for all intents and purposes it might as well be banned anyway.
If you don't have a clean nand backup, there's no reason for questions like "what are the odds...?". Nobody knows whether you will or will not be banned. Restore your switch to defaults through maintenance mode i guess and hope for the best. If you played pirated games when doing CFW stuff in the past, the probability of ban is quite high. If you only used homebrews and linux (no unsigned nsp and other dirty stuff), just don't think about the ban and go play online since you don't have clean backup anyway.

And yeah, if you're banned - you're banned, indefinitely (but there are different ban types).

There are things like emuNAND, incognito, 90dns, let alone just being a good guy and using only homebrews to minimize ban risk, so you are wrong about this.

Last edited by bad361,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo